We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Group Privacy [Solved] | Forum

Harry
Harry Dec 3 '14
Oxwall 1.72 with the updated Group plugin.

I have a new member just joined today - all of the groups are viewable by everyone.  He can see the list of groups but when he clicks into a group he is met with a not authorized page.  I don't remember seeing this behavior in previous versions.  Is there something else I should be checking?

In fact, I just added him to a group manually (directly in the db) and he is still getting locked out.

You don't have permission to access the page.
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 4 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 3 '14
Harry, we cannot reproduce that, can you please PM me your admin details and access details of that user?I'll take a look at the issue. 
Harry
Harry Dec 3 '14
It seems that its not only this new member, but any member now who tries to view a group they weren't a member of before the upgrade cannot view them. 

PS - Since its a private site, it will not be possible to forward you the details.
Harry
Harry Dec 3 '14
Furthermore, now I see that nobody aside from the admin can get into any group ( even groups they belong to ). Strange?!
ross Team
ross Dec 4 '14
So a user can see the list of groups where the groups are, but cannot enter them?
Harry
Harry Dec 4 '14
correct
ross Team
ross Dec 4 '14
I'm sorry but we cannot reproduce that neither on our demo nor test websites. I need access to the code and admin panel of your website. 

I thought it has anything to do with the role actions or privacy you set, I tried to reproduce that, but could not. 

Harry
Harry Dec 4 '14
Yeah its really odd.  The other community site i have ( where I upgraded the same way ) is not experiencing this at all.  I will see what I can track down and then let you know.  Thanks Ross.
Harry
Harry Dec 4 '14
OK I figured it out.  In this site, I had to add some fields to the ow_groups_group table manually since the update didn't do it.  I then had to populate the status field myself and instead of adding in 'active'  I put in 'Active'  with a capital A.  Changing to all lowercase fixed the issue.
ross Team
ross Dec 4 '14
Thanks for letting us know. 
Harry
Harry Dec 4 '14
Thanks for doing a great job.