We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

newsfeed issue moving from one domain to another | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Dec 23 '11
I moved my site and the domain name was changing.  As it happened I noticed a lot of newsfeed entries (pictures etc) would point to the image on the old domain.  It wasn't updated.  It seemed to be an absolute path written into the db table ow_newsfeed_action.
So any activity prior to me moving my domain was referencing the old old do,main and new entries were refererencing the new domain.

Not a major issue but a 404 will occur if someone tries to look at old newsfeed entries.
(A newsfeed purge sounds like a good idea)

I have this sorted.  I ran an sql query on the table to replace any text within the data column to replace any "www.old-domain.com" text to "www.newdomain.com"

I am thinkking this may be a minor flaw and possibly the items within the data column should be referencing the document root of the site instead of the fqdn of the item.  This will mean ANY domain move (if the domain name changes) will not end up with a broken link.

Is this a bug?

(BTW, I am all sorted)
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 26 '11
Thank you for reminding us about this issue, Michael. I am going to forward this report to our development team so that we could find out what can be done about this.
farhan
farhan Apr 16
At Fixed Price Movers, our goal is to provide a smooth and hassle-free moving experience for our clients in Los Angeles County. movers los angeles