We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mass Mail Sending | Forum

idea
idea Nov 6 '10
Dear,
Mass Mail doesn't worked when I tried to send diwali greetings to my community members. I was logged in as admin and found this bug as I also have account as a normal user.
S02 Melvs
S02 Melvs Nov 7 '10
we have this problem since the start of oxwall and they haven't found any solution, they said that this was already fix but i guess not yet.
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 8 '10
Do you use smtp for your mail or the inbuilt php?
Den Team
Den Nov 8 '10
Quote from Melvin

we have this problem since the start of oxwall and they haven't found any solution, they said that this was already fix but i guess not yet.

Sorry Melvin, would you post a link of this discussion?

Guys, mass mailing can't work by two reasons only:

- cronjob was't setup

- some problems with your mail server: ip was blocked by some email servers.

Please, would you check it and response here with results.

Thank you!
Rusu Andrei
Rusu Andrei Dec 27 '10
Mass mailing not working at my site too.Is this cron job correct ?

The Forum post is edited by Rusu Andrei Dec 27 '10
Den Team
Den Dec 28 '10
@Rusu Andre
Please, look at our installation manual carefully. You forgot to point [path_to_php] before path to cron file
Pedro
Pedro Jan 1 '11
beside the cron job do not enable the mailer setting leave the box uncheck them masmailer will work by default on your provider php setting.
danny
danny Jan 24 '11
i still cant get mail to work got cron going but not sure how to set settting in oxwall
danny
danny Jan 24 '11
have it set at localhost but nothing sends
Den Team
Den Jan 25 '11
@danny
More detail please. Did you setup cronjob? Would you provide us with screenshot of your cronjob settings?
danny
danny Jan 25 '11
yes on the way
* * * * * cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\paladino\ow_cron\run.php"; C:/PHP/php.exe run.php

#CRONTAB FILE
# Classic crontab format:
# Minutes Hours Days Months WeekDays Command

*/15 8-16 * * 1-5 checkmail.exe

#Oxwall cron tasks
#* * * * * C:\PHP\php.exe http://www.mdservice.com/paladino/ow_cron/run.php
#* * * * * C:\PHP\php.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\paladino\ow_cron\run.php"

#Dolphin cron tasks
#MAILTO=muffit55@gmail.com
#* * * * * cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\paladin\periodic; C:/PHP/ -q cron.php
we tried to different community software but like this on the best using my own server and hmailserver
Pedro
Pedro Jan 25 '11
I see that you are using windows as server. what is the version of windows? and also anything under program files windows will protect big time. try this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\paladino\ow_cron\run.php"

no php command
danny
danny Jan 25 '11
windows 7
danny
danny Jan 25 '11
sorry window7 ultimate
64 bit
danny
danny Jan 25 '11
ok still not working we revise cron as shown here runs with no error but still not working!!! any other suggestions???
Den Team
Den Jan 25 '11
Do you have mail() function configured in php.ini to send emails?
danny
danny Jan 27 '11
thanks for yopur help in pointing us in the right direction. I a heating and a/c guy so this is a trail by error deal. Also i would like to know if there is anyway to change the content ( wording on the pages?
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 27 '11
By browsing the languages in there, you can search for a word string and it should take you to an area where that is present. Then you should be ablt to add your own text...

Languages can be got at through the admin panel.
danny
danny Jan 30 '11
also i would like to put music on 1 of the pages and have tried a couple things but still not working
Den Team
Den Nov 21 '11
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.