We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to configure FTP locally on wamp[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kali
Kali Dec 18 '14
Hello,

I would like to update my platform and plugins through the backend but I work locally with wamp and I don't know what kind of ftp access I'm supposed to enter. Any idea?
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 19 '14
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Dec 18 '14
Hello Kali,

Have you installed oxwall on windows platform?

Kali
Kali Dec 18 '14
Yes, I have installed wamp http://www.wampserver.com/en/ on windows and run oxwall through it.
The Forum post is edited by Kali Dec 18 '14
Kali
Kali Dec 19 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 19 '14
No problem
Kali
Kali Dec 19 '14
Now it's working but when I do the update I get a lot of warnings and this exception:

Message: Can't chmod by FTP `ow_static\` File: C:\wamp\www\agamaloka\ow_utilities\ftp.php Line: 390 Trace: #0 C:\wamp\www\agamaloka\ow_system_plugins\admin\controllers\plugins.php(671): UTIL_Ftp->chmod(511, 'C:\wamp\www\aga...') #1 [internal function]: ADMIN_CTRL_Plugins->coreUpdate(Array) #2 C:\wamp\www\agamaloka\ow_core\request_handler.php(266): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 C:\wamp\www\agamaloka\ow_core\application.php(329): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #4 C:\wamp\www\agamaloka\index.php(73): OW_Application->handleRequest() #5 {main} Type: LogicException
ross Team
ross Dec 19 '14
Why do you need FTP for your local server, just update it manually?

read this post: http://www.ozzu.com/hosting-forum/chmod-with-apache-windows-t25108.html

The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 19 '14
Kali
Kali Dec 19 '14
Because it's way longer to look for/download all the updates for each plugin and then replace them, I would like to do it in one click
ross Team
ross Dec 19 '14

Alright, can you login to your local server via FTP?

what are the permissions of ow_static folder you see there?

if it's not 777 change it to 777.

Do the same for ow_userfiles, ow_pluginfiles, ow_smarty/template_c 

You need to set the permissions 777 recursively. 

However as far as I know CHMOD is not supported on Windows OS's, only Linux/Unix systems.

Neva Rosson
Neva Rosson Jan 8
It works for my smash karts. Thank you so much.