We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Privacy View my photo albums bug? | Forum

Marcus
Marcus Dec 22 '14
I have set photo plugin default value to friends only yet photos are showing on example.com/photo/viewlist/latest
ross Team
ross Dec 22 '14
With what account have you seen those photos?
Marcus
Marcus Dec 22 '14
I am checking it as "Guest" non registered user. Also now I discover that neither videos are affected I set it to friends only yet they show on the videos tab.
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Dec 22 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 22 '14
We cannot reproduce that neither with video not photos for guest. 

Please provide the screenshot of this page: www.site.com/profile/privacy for the admin profile

so I could be sure you set the proper privacy settings and share your URL

Marcus
Marcus Dec 22 '14
Here is the pic of my profile! This only hides the stuff from the profile not from the tabs like videos and photos.

www.amigote.com/video

Username is "Victor Dub"
Attachments:
  22-12-2014 12.12.36 1.jpg (63Kb)
Marcus
Marcus Dec 22 '14
Hold on buddy not it looks like working! I had to manually apply it through my account privacy setting! Why then it's not working for changing event_handler.php default-value to friends only!
ross Team
ross Dec 22 '14

Marcus, I don't see any video at all. See attachment. 
Also I don't see any photo of marcus_avrelius
only the photo of Natalia, Taras Dub and  Jessifaby

Marcus
Marcus Dec 22 '14
Ross thanks so much my man for your support. The problem is that those users had never changed their privacy which means that it should be default. Now I have changed default value in the photo and video event_handler.php from everybody to only friends why it's not working it seems to affect newsfeed!
ross Team
ross Dec 22 '14
I'm sorry you lost me. What does it have to do with the newsfeed? Which newsfeed exactly and how does it affect it, in what way?
Marcus
Marcus Dec 22 '14
Ross thanks buddy! It appears to work now!

One more question! Now that all users have their photo privacy set to only friends how come I can't see them anymore under Photos tab! I am their friend yet they don't show now under Explore!

How this works? I can access their photos from their profile but as I says they don't show on latest, most discussed on top rated.
ross Team
ross Dec 22 '14
Yes, we are aware of this issue. We have passed it to our developers a while ago. It will be fixed in the nearest future. 
Marcus
Marcus Dec 24 '14
Thanks buddy you are awesome!