We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Im no longer recieving emails from Contact Us Plugin - Contact Us | Forum

JoshWho
JoshWho Dec 24 '14
I just noticed that I'm not receiving emails any more from the contact us plugin.. It was working in version 1.7.1 

I'm not sure if the upgrade to 1.7.2 has anything to do with it but i have sent my self 5 different test emails and haven't received once to my smtp server. All my other emails from site and friend messages are working correctly.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jan 6 '15
When you send the mail via contact us plugin - go to your database via phpmyadmin to ow_base_mail and check whether those e-mails are there. If your cron works properly the mails should go out from there to your smpt server. From this point software is not responsible for the mails.

Also check if there are any error-logs in the ow_cron folder related to the issue.
JoshWho
JoshWho Jan 6 '15
i can assure you my cron is working correctly. This oxwall site i have is 4 months old and i havent had any issues with the cron tab.  in ow_base_mail it returns  MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0002 sec)

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Jan 6 '15
JoshWho
JoshWho Jan 6 '15
i see no errors in the logs for this
JoshWho
JoshWho Jan 6 '15
i have already replaced the contact us with a foxy form that does the job for me.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jan 7 '15
Josh, as I noted when the mails go out from the ow_base_mail table, the software is no longer responsible for the mail, something is wrong with the smtp server, you need to contact them
JoshWho
JoshWho Jan 7 '15
there is nothing wrong with my smtp emails go out daily without any issues.
Steven
Steven May 1 '15
Hi i have the same Problem i have tested it several times and it doesn't will work correctly 

sometimes it will send the Mail only with (my Host E-Mail Adress) but with user mail address the Mail will not send (YES! the Cron is Working Correctly). I have test it on several installation of Oxwall and it is the same on all my pages. 

When i self Write a Mail in Contact Formular with webmaster email as sender at my side the mail will deliver.

When any Registered and Non-Registered User use the Contact us plugin the mail will not delivered. 

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 5 '15
Steven, please do not duplicate your posts: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/36020?&page=2
JoshWho
JoshWho May 13 '15
Is there a fix for it?

I see alot of people complaining it doesnt work.

My cron works fine. I recieve all site emails and all users recieve email verifications just fine yet your cont plugin fails to send anything. I am not using smtp it should directly mail through my phpmail.

Please work on a fix.

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho May 13 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 13 '15
Josh,
The contact us e-mails are sent by cron, check if they go out from your ow_base_mail table, please. Send some test e-mail and check if the mail comes and goes out of the table .Keep us  updated
You do not have permission to reply this topic