We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with Link loading properties not functioning correctly | Forum

Jake Jaccard
Jake Jaccard Dec 27 '14
I am running v1.72, and have encountered a linking issue whether on the Menu buttons or embedded links added to language tags.

Everytime you (i.e. click on a button on the menu that takes you back to the Website Home Page, it loads in another window  (as property _blank).

I am running OXWALL as an add-on in a sub-folder off my site's root folker.

So when one wantes to go to Oxwall, they clcick on a link on the site home page, which loads i.e.  _top. This is the same way I want to return to the site from a created"Home Page" button in OXwally. But, when you try to do that, it loads another page (_blank instead of _top). 

I also embedded a link tag on the log-in block, as "Return to Home Page" and the code in that text has the _top target, but again, that loads in another window ( _blank)... so any ideas what is going on here? 

I use Google Chrome and tried it using I.E, and same issue with either.

So it isn't a browser issue.

Hope you can help me on this, or fix it and come out with another upgrade.

Jake Jaccard

Oxwall user since early spring 2014.

ross Team
ross Dec 29 '14
Jake, have you installed some plugins recently which has anything to do with the links?
Try to disable them one by one and see if the issue persists.
Jake Jaccard
Jake Jaccard Mar 9 '15
That was exactly my problem, and your advice worked famously!

Many Thanks!

Jake

ross Team
ross Mar 9 '15
Great. Which plugin caused that?
Jake Jaccard
Jake Jaccard Mar 10 '15
I think it was the "External Linker" plug-in:

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/291 ;

I didn't wish to put in negative feed-back, because it might be something I do with my Oxwall? Anyway, I never quite understood that plug-in anyway or where it manifests itself.

The one I am using is a good one, it's Links Pro I think. I can't find the source information in the Admin of my siter on that plug-in. 

On another Note:

My users tend to be older men (a  USN Ship Memorial Site (www.usshancockassociation.org), and some of them have a lot of issues with the built-in captcha image Security in my oxwall. I tried another plug-found here:  http://www.oxwall.org/...l.org/store/item/583

It works OK but doesn't work at all on the Registration form; do you have any idea why that is?

Thanks,

Jake

ross Team
ross Mar 10 '15
I'm sorry but this is third-party plugin, contact plugin developer directly to resolve your issue with the Registration form.