We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Attention Plugin Developers | Forum

Fred
Fred Dec 28 '14
I buy plugins. And one of the best social tools in Oxwall is the forum. Why is there not more forum type plugins?

If Oxwall team won't spice up forum, can one of you develop a plugin for it?

Add face book likes to each post, mark as read, view latest threads, etc.. So many options like say SMF that can be done.

So surprised more hasn't been done with forum in Oxwall. 

Abbey
Abbey Dec 28 '14
Yeah I agree, it would be nice to see who created the post in the forum list as well
Pete
Pete Dec 29 '14

There should be bridges so we can use 3rd party forums but no one well make these .

Fred
Fred Dec 29 '14
I am speechless; I would pay up to $30 / $40 for a great forum plugin that can add all kinds of options, features, etc...

There is like 10K features that a good forum can have or do: http://www.simplemachines.org/

If any developer wants any ideas on what features would be in like the top ten or twenty for a good plugin, let me know, I'll share my thoughts!

Fred

Pete
Pete Dec 29 '14
Fred its just a waist of time ,I have asked lots of times ,but no one well do it
Fred
Fred Dec 31 '14
What a shame. 
Fred
Fred Jan 2 '15

Quote from WebFid Solutions Not a shame when am here, watch out for such plugins soon

Please don't tease us! And if it is like a $99 plugin, I probably will skip on buying it.

Wow, a plugin with a bunch of forum spice ups would rock and I bet a whole lot of folks buy it.

Pete
Pete Jan 5 '15

Oxwall would be so much better if we had bridges to 3rd party forum boards .People that build mods would also benefit . We could also do with Skype ,so members can chat to each other on Skype ,there was a plugin once far Skype but it was removed be the guy Paul leaving oxwall ,he built the Skype mod .

These or the things we need in Oxwall  ,more things on the forum ,or bridges to 3rd party ones, bridges also to WordPress  . A cron that runs from our admin,  easier ways to add pages .If oxwall brought things out like this ,oxwall would be absolutely brilliant . And I feel one of the best free open source scripts on the web  .Its a pity there was not things like the games in facebook that we could add also .

Oxwall could build some of these 3rd party bridges and sell them has professional add-ons to help fund oxwall ,There script should remain open source by all means  . I  think some of the members that build mods,think if they do bridges ,no body well buy there mods ,but that is such a silly way of thinking,it well open doors to even more mods they can build .You can only build so many mods far oxwall as it stands ,these people that build mods ,should be looking at 3 rd pary bridges .Person that gets the first 3 rd party bridge out is going to make a bloody fortune ,because they can build lots of extra mods far there bridge ,and nobody else well be able to add anything because the bridge mod well be copyright .

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jan 5 '15
Pete
Pete Jan 5 '15

Purusothaman  could build some of these 3rd party bridges ,he is good at building mods ,I cant understand why he has not brought any out .Maybe he is not has good at php as we all think ,what other reason can it be .The guy would make a fortune ,this is what I cant understand .If the smf forum bridge was $40 dollars say ,I would defo buy it and so would many members ,or maybe he could charge a monthly fee for it ,which includes free update ,I would pay a monthly fee ,if it was only a few dollars per month,then every one can purchase a bridge that cant afford to pay big sums of money out in one go .If he was going to let people pay monthly he could encrypt there ip in the code and domain so it could not be sold on ,or people could not get away with paying a monthly fee

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jan 5 '15
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 6 '15
I agree, i have been stressing to oxwall to also make Forum mobile as some of our sites are forum driven but seems like wishful thinking :(
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 6 '15
Den Team
Den Jan 8 '15
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Fred
Fred Jan 8 '15
Pete,

I agree; I look to see what drives discussions, and the forum needs some TLC plugins! 

Fred
Fred Jan 26 '15

Quote from WebFid Solutions Not a shame when am here, watch out for such plugins soon

WebFid - still eagerly waiting for you or any developer for a plugin on forum.

Like Buttons, new posts button, maybe vote feature, just some cool stuff to take it from Blah to "Hey Cool".

Anyone working on stuff like this?

Fred
Fred Jan 30 '15
** Cricket Sounds from the Developers section*** 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 31 '15
LOL.....Outdoor experience.....maybe they are still on holiday Fred....!!!
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jan 31 '15
They gave up building things for people who have no patience. You guys are too hard on the developers. No one seems to understand how opensource software truly works. People are becoming way too demanding and entitled over $20 bucks. 

Fred
Fred Jan 31 '15
LOL - very true, I'll give you that for what I have seen, including myself.

Request is about a month old, figure some reminders here and there couldn't hurt!

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 1 '15
LMAO....You guys are crazeee......!!!
Pete
Pete Feb 2 '15

Quote from Oxwall Accessories They gave up building things for people who have no patience. You guys are too hard on the developers. No one seems to understand how opensource software truly works. People are becoming way too demanding and entitled over $20 bucks. 

How long do we need to wait to get 3rd party forum board plugins . Its not a matter of patience . ITS WHAT PEOPLE NEED AND WANT .  Plugin makers or just building what they like and not listening to members
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 2 '15
Fred
Fred Feb 3 '15

Quote from S.Williams
Quote from Oxwall Accessories They gave up building things for people who have no patience. You guys are too hard on the developers. No one seems to understand how opensource software truly works. People are becoming way too demanding and entitled over $20 bucks. 

I agree with you 100%, but only when it comes to Oxwall itself or any free plugins/themes.

Is it to much to ask of a developer, that when their selling a plugin or theme to make sure they are going to be able to offer support in a timely manner, that won't take months to sort out?

I totally get that things will never work perfectly and that Dev's have other projects aside from Oxwall, but having to wait 2 or 3 months for a fix, a fix for something you paid for, is pretty extreme.

The Open Source Definition

Guys - not sure where the message got turned, but this is not a thread asking for support or how long to wait for support.

This thread was about wanting to buy plugins, especially for forum enhancements. 

Developers - I want to spend money for good plugins; and I want to spend money for my top request of forum enhancements. Don't get bogged down on anything anyone else has said here; different matter.

Now, create, make, do your thing and I want to spend money for it!

Thank you....

Pages: 1 2 »