We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Language - User Welcome Message | Forum

Moni
Moni Dec 29 '14
I bought this plugin for nothing!! Welcome message is just in one language possible. I have people and everyone speaks another language. I can not understand how to put this just in one language and why until now no update to fix that!!

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I understand this concern.

But the problem is how you will decide which language to use when the new user joins?
The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam Dec 31 '14
Moni
Moni Dec 31 '14
There can be put a language button as question when register for example
Purusothaman Ramanujam
That can be done. But its not in scope for this plugin and so only this can't be done.
Moni
Moni Jan 5 '15
Oxwall has a language setting. The message is not found there like it should normally be so that people can receive messages in their languages
Purusothaman Ramanujam
See, you did not understand my point.

When an user newly registers, this plugin sends our the message automatically as soon as the user registers.

At that point of time, the site will be in only 1 default language. There is no way to determine what language that the newly registered user will want to see the message.

I am with Oxwall for several years. I know very well that Oxwall has a language settings. But this does not related to what you expect.
Din
Din Feb 10 '15
Hello. Can we choose language based on IP code of newly registered user?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you please explain the logic if you anything in mind for this?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
BTW, please create a new post if you have anything in mind. It will help to monitor those threads easily.
You do not have permission to reply this topic