We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with videos thumbnails | Forum

herve guiet
herve guiet Jan 3 '12
Hello, could someone tell me which page edit to change the PHP code so that the thumbnails of videos added since new sites can be displayed. I think it videos_providers.php but I'm not sure. I checked the codes and I think I can add modifications, but if someone more capable than me could help me, I'd like to provide my files and give the addresses of new sites. Thank you.
Notice to developers, as it is possible to add new sites by the administration page, why not ensure that the codes can retrieve the thumbnails directly without having to make manual changes to the PHP codes?

Bonjour, quelqu'un pourrait il me dire quelle page modifier pour modifier le code PHP afin que les thumbnails des vidéos ajoutées depuis de nouveaux sites puissent s'afficher. Je pense que c'est videos_providers.php mais je n'en suis pas sûr. J'ai regardé les codes et je pense pouvoir ajouter des modifications, mais si quelqu'un plus apte que moi pouvait m'aider, je serais ravi de lui communiquer mes fichiers et de lui donner les adresses des nouveaux sites. Merci. Avis aux développeurs, comme il est possible d'ajouter de nouveaux sites par la page d'administration, pourquoi ne pas faire en sorte que les codes puissent récuperer les thumbnails directement sans être obligé de faire de modifications manuelles dans les codes PHP ?

Hervé
Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 12 '12
You mentioned the right file: ow_plugins/video/classes/video_providers.php. But I cannot provide you with the instructions on how to modify the code.

The reason why we didn't add an interface of adding thumbnails for video providers is that it may seem easy to add some code from the URL there for skilled developers. But it would confuse webmasters that doesn't know how a thumbnail is taken from a video and where it is stored.
herve guiet
herve guiet Jan 29 '12
Thanks for your answer