We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Link account type to gender. | Forum

Jordi
Jordi Jan 13 '15
Dear community members, 

I am searching for a way to link the account type to the gender profile question. Right now i have to ask when sign up two times the same question about the gender.

is there a wat to fix this?

kind regards

Jordi

Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Jan 15 '15
Jordi, are you opening a dating website?
Jordi
Jordi Jan 15 '15
no not  a dating site its something in between. A social network voor couples etc.
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Jan 15 '15
Well connecting gender to account type will require some complex custom code modification, in my opinion.

There is a software called SkaDateX which is based on Oxwall Software and that is what they did for their script - they connected gender to account types and have made rest of their features to work based on this logic. So you might want to consider switching to the dating side  and adding social networking feature as add ons instead of using Oxwall and adding dating features as add ons.

It is up to you in any case. But I think unless you hire a developer, you won't  connect gender to account type on your own.

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Jan 15 '15
Jordi
Jordi Jan 15 '15
yeah i was thinking about and i had some contact with that company but the are some limitation about there software to. So for now i stick to oxwall.