We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Another issue with cron jobs | Forum

Brandon Turpin
Brandon Turpin Jan 18 '12
I have had some problems with my cron jobs and I do not know what to do to fix it. I have found a similar issue but with different errors and the things that were wrong on his were OK on mind but I still get the errors.

I set up the cron job with the comand line as 

/usr/local/bin/php /home/your-site-root-dir/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Obviously the 'your-site-root-dir' is general so i did some playing with it and was able to find a way to get it to connect to the run.php file. The command line now says

/home5/bturpinb/public_html/bushleaguesoftball/ow_cron/run.php

I currently host with Bluehost and once I got rid of the no such directory I got the permission not granted. So I have it permission to execute that file and now I get the following error.

/home5/bturpinb/public_html/bushleaguesoftball/ow_cron/run.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory /home5/bturpinb/public_html/bushleaguesoftball/ow_cron/run.php: line 3: /0: Permission denied /home5/bturpinb/public_html/bushleaguesoftball/ow_cron/run.php: line 4: access-logs: command not found /home5/bturpinb/public_html/bushleaguesoftball/ow_cron/run.php: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `(' /home5/bturpinb/public_html/bushleaguesoftball/ow_cron/run.php: line 5: ` * The contents of this file are subject to the Common Public Attribution License Version 1.0 (the “License”);'

I have attached my run.php and a screen shot of my cron jobs
WHAT DO I DO? Im so lost!!
The Forum post is edited by Brandon Turpin Jan 18 '12
Attachments:
  cron job.png (127.38Kb)
  run.txt (3.45Kb)