We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Search within area/radius of zip code? | Forum

Matthew
Matthew Jan 18 '12
Does anyone know of a plug-in (or already existing feature) to offer a search within X miles of the user's zip code?  
Matthew
Matthew Jan 20 '12
Imagine I was looking to meet new people to hang out with in real life.  For example, I may want to find people within 10 miles of my zip/postal code.  Does anyone know of a plugin (or existing oxwall feature) that could find members within a given distance of a specific member?  
Matthew
Matthew Jan 21 '12
Is there any plugin or development documentation outside of the Plugin Crash Course?  By following that exactly, things still don't seem to work right (I get to the part where I'm trying to view the page (http://docs.oxwall.org/dev:crash-course#page-routing), but it doesn't seem to work right.  Actually, it doesn't seem to work for plugins already created and installed either, including the contactus plugin that comes with the standard oxwall install now.  I'm assuming that the framework has changed a bit since that doc was originally written.  

Is there any other documentation (including internal documentation that isn't ready for public viewing) that you or another team member could send over to help me get started?  Super rough docs are fine as long as their updated and point me in the right direction.