We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error at my preference page[Solved] | Forum

Charlotte Kronboom
Charlotte Kronboom Jan 21 '15
Hello all, I'm very new to this. My Oxwall software is 1.7.2 but I get an error at the top side of the My Preference page. It's in the image attached.

I couldn't find an answer in the topics that helped me solve the problem. What am I missing?

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 25 '15
Attachments:
  weirderror.jpg (153Kb)
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Jan 21 '15
It looks like chmod problem, how did you installed oxwall on your server, manually or Softaculous ?
ross Team
ross Jan 21 '15
Charlotte, enter your server via FTP or CPanel go to the software folder check if you have ow_log folder. Probably you have ow_logs folder, if it is so, rename it to ow_log and set the permissions of the folder to 777
Charlotte Kronboom
Charlotte Kronboom Jan 22 '15
@Ross, I did as you instructed. You were right about the ow_logs and the permissions. :) However, when I go to my preferences it now sends me straight to e500.php

@Durlabh, I installed oxwall on the server via installatron which is what my webhosting offers.  

ross Team
ross Jan 22 '15
enable debug mode and go to your preferences again, you'll see the error, copy it here, so we could assist you. 
Charlotte Kronboom
I enabled the debug mode but the error remains identical.

It says:

Not Found

The requested URL /e500.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--

I indeed did not encounter any file called e500.php in the root folder.

ross Team
ross Jan 22 '15

upload the e500.php file, from the package you have downloaded, to your server in the root of the software and repeat the steps above

Charlotte Kronboom
Did the steps as mentioned. New error now looks like:

OW Debug - ErrorMessage:Argument 1 passed to notifications_preference_menu_item() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector givenFile:/home/javanjx147/domains/oratia.eu/public_html/ow_plugins/notifications/init.phpLine:46

ross Team
ross Jan 22 '15
Have you installed 1.7.2 version or updated from some previous version?

Is your notifications plugin updated to the latest version?

Charlotte Kronboom
I have installed Oxwall using Installatron. It installed the 1.7.2 version. The error is given from the start.

I downloaded the files anew and try reuploading them now, but so far the error remains. :/

ross Team
ross Jan 22 '15
please provide in the zip or rar archive two files:

ow_plugins/notifications/init.php

ow_system_plugins/base/classes/event_collector.php

Charlotte Kronboom
The error is gone :D However.... 

The menu of my preferences now shows: 

General | Notifications+Dashboard_MENU_ITEM.

And the user menu when dropped down also shows a 

notifications+console_menu_label

We're getting there. Thank you so much for your quick replies Ross. :)

Attachments:
  init.zip (1Kb)
  event_collector.zip (1Kb)
ross Team
ross Jan 22 '15
Ok, if the error is gone. 

As to the keys you see now, go to the admin panel/ languages section, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save this page button, see if the keys were replaced by the values. 

Charlotte Kronboom
Charlotte Kronboom Jan 23 '15
Yes! It helped! I followed your instructions and when I clicked on language it showed I needed another update which solved the problem :)

Thank you so very much <3

ross Team
ross Jan 25 '15
Great. Thanks for letting us know.