We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

update platform from version 1.2.4 to 1.2.6 ? Problems | Forum

Laxman
Laxman Jan 23 '12
Hello sir, 
My site is not updating from 1.2.4 to 1.2.6., My core update is working but after clicking in update message show your version up to date but it is not update. pls help..
Laxman
Laxman Jan 23 '12
go to admin panel, click on Platform update available. update, enter ftp detail, message show your version up to date, return to admin panel but oxwall not update....
Laxman
Laxman Jan 24 '12
<name>Oxwall community software</name>   <build>4230</build>   <version>1.2.4</version>
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 29 '12
Consider doing a manual update.  May work better.
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 1 '12
Were you using the same FTP user during the update that was used during the initial installation? Does that user have enough permissions?
You should also check if there is a zip extension installed on your server.
Michael Leader
Michael Feb 11 '12
@Mulder.

How would you fix this if the user account  who initally uploaded the site was no longer available?  I have an issue where my ftp acc cannot  overwrite the files yet if I use the same acc in filezill I can overwrite no probelm.

Sorry for the minor hijack.

@Laxman, try a manual update (after a backup) to 1.3
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 15 '12
That's a good question you asked, Mike. I will ask it to our developers and get back to you with a reply.
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 15 '12
The only option is using 'chown' command to change FTP user for your software files and folders. I guess that would be more convenient to make it via SSH.
Michael Leader
Michael Feb 15 '12
Well, my specific problem, I can certainly build a clone development of my site and try this out.  I will get back with this.

@Laxman, You should now be ready to update to 1.3.1 (backup first) see if that fixes anything?