We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bad plugin still selling after complaints | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Daniel Tremblay
Daniel Tremblay Jan 30 '15
You have a bad plugin that is being sold in your store and people are complaining and nothing is being done?

Plugin is:

SUPER TWITTER WIDGET | PLUGIN
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Jan 30 '15
Hello Daniel,

You can demotivate the other members from using that plugin through your review and ratings, if the plugin is paid then you can claim a refund from Paypal.

In the meantime you can check out these similar topics:

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/28770?page=2#post-122982

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/29080

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/23470 ;

Pete
Pete Jan 31 '15
Daniel save your time to complain to Oxwall .Oxwall only care about the oxwall script ,it does not seem to matter to oxwall how bad some of these plugins or ,they wont bother . The truth fact is oxwall allow these plugins to be sold on there website ,and should take complaints serious for these plugins but they don`t .  you can bet your life this topic well get locked soon.When any website owner allows things to be sold on there website ,by law in most country's it is the owner of the website that is responsible  .But because the guys that run the oxwall website or in Russia ,I think they believe they or above the law ,but if you lodge a complaint to there webhost or webserver host oxwall could have there account suspended ,for allowing these things to happen on there webhost.Some people or committing fraud big time ,selling plugins that do not work proper
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jan 31 '15
Den Team
Den Feb 2 '15
Durlabh Ashok +1

This has been discussed and answered previously. Here, on Oxwall Store, we use the same tools and mechanisms to prevent bad quality and negative customer's experience.  Rate the item and leave your feedback. Customers' rating left via "Review" option is the only objective way for now for our team to judge about item's reputation. There is no way to collect and check each item's support topic for the item's reputation level :) 

Pete

Thank you for feedback. We will take it for consideration.

Pete
Pete Feb 2 '15
Oxwall is a very good script Den ,its such a shame that some plugins that don`t work proper or messing the oxwall script up , I think if a few members make a complaint to oxwall about a plugin ,maybe the best way would be for oxwall to do some tests on it ,reviews or ok,but the owner of the plugin can make many oxwall accounts and do there own review .Oxwall is getting so much better now ,and its not fair Oxwall getting bad reviews through the fault of some plugins.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 2 '15
Pete
Pete Feb 2 '15
Maybe the time as come to add into oxwall , member can only sigh up once with one ip address .And oxwall script can block people if they try doing a different account using same ip address
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 2 '15
Pete
Pete Feb 2 '15
I got a refund from paypal  for Arons terrible mobile plugin ,stick to the oxwall mobile I say to all members ,oxwall may not have everything in it yet ,but over time it shall have
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Feb 2 '15
Quote from Pete Oxwall is a very good script Den ,its such a shame that some plugins that don`t work proper or messing the oxwall script up , I think if a few members make a complaint to oxwall about a plugin ,maybe the best way would be for oxwall to do some tests on it ,reviews or ok,but the owner of the plugin can make many oxwall accounts and do there own review .Oxwall is getting so much better now ,and its not fair Oxwall getting bad reviews through the fault of some plugins.

If the one's plugin is really a trash then It should go to trash bin.

I agree with you Pete and also your IP sign up suggestion is great.

The Forum post is edited by Durlabh Ashok Feb 2 '15
Daniel Tremblay
Daniel Tremblay Feb 3 '15
I thought Oxwall would be a little more responsible considering it's on there site for sale. When people buy plugins that do not work as they are advertised, it does reflect on Oxwell since it is on your site.

You have a very good Oxwell social network script, so don't let bad plugins ruin it for Oxwell.

If you look at the reviews for SUPER TWITTER WIDGET | PLUGIN you will notice already people have been complaining.

Take that plugin off so no one else buys it until Oxwell does a review of it, simple!!! 

Pete
Pete Feb 9 '15
I think oxwall should remove the bad plugin,and get the plugin maker to improve it ,I don't think most or really bad plugins ,I just think they need a bit more work on .I think this is the best way forward ,if they cant improve it ,then I think they should donate the plugin to oxwall and let the coders at oxwall sort it out
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Feb 9 '15
Pete, Oxwall on its official blog have stated that they will be working on "new development cycle" and I think its a positive move from the Oxwall and it has showed that it really cares about its community and their problems.. :) 
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 26 '15
over 2 years now i have been posting problems with bad dev is forums only to have the posts deleted and told dont bash dev in forums or your forum privelages will be removed 

over 2 years now i have let moderators know of the problems over and over and over 

and nothing has ever been done about any problem 

I AM GETTING SO DAM PISSED OF AT WATCH ASSHOLE DEV SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY 

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 26 '15
I THINK ITS AT THE POINT THAT OXWALL HOSTING AND GOOGLE BE TOLD OF THE OXWALL BIG SCAM NOT ONLY SHUT THE HOSTING DOWN BUT GOOGLE WILL WIPE OXWALL OUT AND ALL SEARCH ENGINES WILL FOLLOW 

MAYBE THEN OXWALL TEAM WILL PULL THERE FINGER OUT THE BUMS AND DO SOMETHING 
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Mar 26 '15
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 6 '15

I firmly believe that there should be a period of plug on "Store" I se that it is a part plugin and theme that has not been updated way back to 2012 and 13. And it's rare that they are compatible with Oxwall anymore! I mean outdated plug over time, is not particularly good advertisement for Oxwall software, etc. Therefore, I believe there should be a period of plugin and Theme on "Store.

I encourage admin on "Store to consider such a rule so that all outdated and Unusable plugin that has not been updated in a year, or have not been updated with new info in one year, are automatically deleted from the" Store. It must also be of interest to plugin developer to provide ongoing information to users of the plugin info about plugin development, or not!

An overview and possible cleanup on Store had not become so stupid.

Soundchum web solution

Quote from Chris_W I thought all plugins were supposed to be tested by the Oxwall team before they were allowed in the store. If the plugin is as bad as people are saying, the Oxwall plugin testing would appear to be pretty useless.

This website is a bit like a market, if the owner of the market finds one of the stalls in his market selling fake goods or goods that just don't do what the seller claims, the stall owner is warned and if they ignore the warning they loose their stall. Well that's how it works here. But apparently you can sell any old crap in the Oxwall store and nobody cares.
+1

yes chris_w, we upload our product and wait until oxwall store moderation test it and accept it then they let us selling our products 

also if the team find this theme or plugin has any issue suspend it until the developer solve any issue .

in other side they let old broducts but tell the customer which oxwall version is compatible for this theme or product 

the sadness thing is the customer want the theme as in his mind, i mean more customers after they purchase the product contact the developer for free customization as in his mind, if the developer refuse or request more money for his time as this is own customization the customer request a refund or gonna post bad review ( really is a bad thing )

i know that there are many developers don't care about their themes or plugins, 

i suggest to all customers that they open a forum post and post who are trusted developer and tell all people their experience with this developer, but no fake experiences ( i think more peoble understand me ) 

The Forum post is edited by Soundchum web solution Apr 6 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 6 '15

Quote from Day Line
Quote from Chris_W I thought all plugins were supposed to be tested by the Oxwall team before they were allowed in the store. If the plugin is as bad as people are saying, the Oxwall plugin testing would appear to be pretty useless.

This website is a bit like a market, if the owner of the market finds one of the stalls in his market selling fake goods or goods that just don't do what the seller claims, the stall owner is warned and if they ignore the warning they loose their stall. Well that's how it works here. But apparently you can sell any old crap in the Oxwall store and nobody cares.
+1

yes chris_w, we upload our product and wait until oxwall store moderation test it and accept it then they let us selling our products 

also if the team find this theme or plugin has any issue suspend it until the developer solve any issue .

in other side they let old broducts but tell the customer which oxwall version is compatible for this theme or product 

the sadness thing is the customer want the theme as in his mind, i mean more customers after they purchase the product contact the developer for free customization as in his mind, if the developer refuse or request more money for his time as this is own customization the customer request a refund or gonna post bad review ( really is a bad thing )

i know that there are many developers don't care about their themes or plugins, 

i suggest to all customers that they open a forum post and post who are trusted developer and tell all people their experience with this developer, but no fake experiences ( i think more peoble understand me ) 

i have posted plenty on bed dev and there plugins that dont work and there stupid answers to the problems on to have them deleted and tols if i keep trashing dev in forums my forum posting privileges will be revoked 

w have show store moderator for 2 years now the problems and nothing has been done 

the last reply for moderators said it takes time to test the plugins 
so in 2 years they can not take all of 4 minutes on each of plugins that i have show them just foes not work

take memphotos plugin for example its been in the store for a will now 
and i bought it over a month ago now and in 5 minutes of trying it come up with huge list of issues and it just does not work as advertised 
so how in hell gig it get approved to be sold

younett plugin some of them just have not worked from day one they put them in store
and there plugins have been in store almost 2 yearsm and there ocwall premium support
hahahaha what a joke
oxwall condones them to scam people out of there money
and yes it is a scam as younett knows there pluhins dont work and oxwall knows they dont work  

dave Leader
dave Apr 7 '15
One big problem that i see here is that the rules are designed and built on the premise that developers will be honest, dignified, and integrity driven.  And when that does not happen for one reason or another, no one seems to really know what to do with extreme cases.  

As much as many of use including me would love to see the bad devs and bad plugins be removed its not that easy, there are legal implications and Oxwall could get handed a law suit very quickly if done in haste.  

I firmly believe there will come a day (hopefully soon) that Oxwall will be able to include a more stringent and far reaching store policy which will be able to handle and process such claims as this more quickly an more effectively. 

I dont think Oxwall is intentionally sitting on their hands on this, but i do believe it should be addressed and very soon.   

I would be very happy to take charge of such a department and regulate proficiency in store developers and plugins.   Not from a programming view point as i am just now working on my first plugin and they already have a department for that.  But from a customer service position where feedback and reviews have more of a bite to them to keep the bad developers out and give the good developers more success as a reward for their devotion to quality.  

I would create a quick reference point system for developers.  And i would have the authority with proper documentation to remove plugins that are abandoned or that no longer work.  That developer would then have the chance to resubmit that plugin for re-approval if they choose to.  This would keep people from blindly buying a plugin that has been reported as inop for some time out of the market and off the shelf. 

I would also have a strike policy where developers that have strikes against them for poor customer service and poor quality do not get the same exposure as dev that dont.  And too many strikes and your store is closed, period.

But short of that remember that this is a buyer beware market.  Sad to say but that is just the way it is with all downloadable media. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 7 '15
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 7 '15
Many god words there dave

Store to consider such a rule so that all outdated and Unusable plugin that has not been updated in a year, or have not been updated with new info in one year.

tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 7 '15
dave any bad dev that has a pluhin removed by oxwall would not have a leg to stand on in trying to sue oxwall 
if oxwall removes a plugin that dont work the dev can do nothing in fact oxwall has an obligation to remove bad plugins 

same as you dave i have put my hand up many times to be a plugin tester 

tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 7 '15
unless oxwall has singed contracts with the bad devs

like some dev that have been payed by someone to fix there plugins and signed contracts stating they can not fix the store item ever

i told oxwall about this and yet the dev is still allowed to sell there plugins that they just can not fix ever 
Pages: 1 2 »