We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

social sharing issue | Forum

Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Feb 8 '15
Hi,

I have a problem with social sharing. It was working yesterday and it displays on every item viewed. But today it does not display at all. Is this an issue with addthis.com? Or did i do something wrong? I checked the key id and it matches. The only thing i did was i deleted browsing history, temp folders, and cookies in my laptop.  Does it have anything to do with that? I also do not see social sharing icons in mobile, but im not sure if social sharing was available in mobile version to begin with.

ross Team
ross Feb 8 '15
Is your website opened for guests?
Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Feb 9 '15
No......i closed it for guests earlier. Do you need it opened for guests to test or is that causing the problem? Is it a settings issue with pluins?
ross Team
ross Feb 9 '15
In order for social share plugin buttons to be displayed your site must be opened for guests. 
Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Feb 9 '15
Oh i see. I didnt know that.
Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Feb 9 '15
Let me try something when i get home. I am trying to open the site for guests, but having the contents not visible if users are not logged in. Is that possible?
fouad
fouad Mar 20 '15
Ross,

How do we enable social sharing for logged-in users? Sharing is needed for members of the site as well.

I think it will be a welcome feature in Oxwall backend if admins could have the option to set it on or off for guests and logged-in users.

Another useful feature would be to have photos posted automatically to some social networks.

ross Team
ross Mar 22 '15
Your website should be opened for guests in the first place, then your logged in users will see the buttons. 

Have you closed your website for guests? If so, disable this and refresh your website. 

Violet Sagmiller
Good day. To ease the financial burden of keeping in touch with someone in prison, it is convenient to use the online service Corrlinks, which provides affordable rates for sending messages to prisoners. To use their services, you just need to go through simple registration processes. And if someone has difficulties with this, then you don’t have to look for the corrlinks number but contact them online, and they will provide clear instructions on how to register correctly and work with their platform.
The Forum post is edited by Violet Sagmiller Apr 21