We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

403 forbidden editing language | Forum

Enock
Enock Feb 2 '12
Hi.

Sorry for my english.

I'm translating my Oxwall site into spanish language, but on some pages, i get this error:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /olwsocial/admin/languages on this server."

I think it's a problem with .htaccess

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Enock
Enock Feb 4 '12
Hi.
I've the same problem who this user:

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/1281

When i edite a page whit html, the error appears.

Thanks
The Forum post is edited by Enock Feb 4 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 6 '12
Do you have default .htaccess file content on the server? Or do you have custom lines added?
Enock
Enock Feb 6 '12
Yes i have the default .htaccess file, without any change.

Thanks
Enock
Enock Feb 10 '12
Hello

Can someone help me?

Thanks
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 12 '12
I believe you should contact your hosting company and ask them why you receive a 403 error when you access a URL that contains /admin/ in it. That is definitely not the software issue.
Enock
Enock Feb 13 '12

Quote from aka_le_Mulder I believe you should contact your hosting company and ask them why you receive a 403 error when you access a URL that contains /admin/ in it. That is definitely not the software issue.
Hi.
my hoster told me that this folder does not exist on the server, so can not give permission.

This URL has not exist in the structure of files.

Thanks
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 15 '12
Hold on a second. And what is the path to your Oxwall install? Is it a directory called /olwsocial ?
Enock
Enock Feb 15 '12

Quote from aka_le_Mulder Hold on a second. And what is the path to your Oxwall install? Is it a directory called /olwsocial ?
Hi.

Yes, oxwall is installed in this directory.
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 19 '12
So there is no admin folder actually. So what is the problem about this and permissions? Did your hosting company offer you any solution?