We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Custom HTML on profile was working now it shows a message like this | Forum

Erlan
Erlan Feb 13 '15
Incorrect responce

406 Not Acceptable Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /base/ajax-component-entity-panel/process-queue/ could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

I used to have a music player from cincopa embedded in my profile and music was playing just fine, now when I tried to embed a different player it shows the above error, and I tried the old code which was playing fine and it showed the same error. any clues ????

Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
What is your hosting company and plan ?
Erlan
Erlan Feb 13 '15

for my website or for the music player ?

Quote from Kelvin What is your hosting company and plan ?

Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
website
Erlan
Erlan Feb 13 '15

Quote from Kelvin website

its godaddy, my plan is the basic plan, I have over 90% of my plan's resources available.....
bobbi
bobbi Feb 13 '15
did you use the iframe code or javascript, i tried both on the oxwall demo site and only the iframe code worked, the first didnt work at all, 

Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
That is the reason why you got 406 Not Acceptable. Godaddy is the worst webhosting to use complex ajax coding. They use ModSecurity to block all kind of codes. You don't have a chance to fix it. All you have to do is to move all your website to Arvixe webhosting. At least they give you all functions working very well !!
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
Check this out Oxwall is not recommend with Godaddy webhosting. 

http://www.oxwall.org/hosting

Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
By the way, I was using Godaddy webhosting too. Same issue and never have chance to fix it.
Erlan
Erlan Feb 13 '15
thanks appreciate your support, I just don't get why it was working fine and not suddenly not, but I guess that's the answer, thanks so much, I was also considering BLUE HOSTING OR BLUE HOST I think its called
Erlan
Erlan Feb 13 '15
any recommendations from you ? also if you don't mind answering, whats the diff between a shared ip and a dedicated ip for my website
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
Dedicated IP is great for SSL that encrypt all your website. and if your domain name is expired, you can use dedicated IP to access your site too. 

Shared IP can not use for SSL website. and must follow domain name. If your domain name is expired. You will no longer to let people visit your site.

Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
By the way,do not use https://www.bluehost.com/ , their hosting is bad. and their live service will charge you extra money for helping solve your questions.
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 13 '15
You can see. Any other webhosting company at least offer free migration services. But Blue host costs you $99 for a simple service.
Erlan
Erlan Feb 14 '15

Quote from bobbi did you use the iframe code or javascript, i tried both on the oxwall demo site and only the iframe code worked, the first didnt work at all, 

bobi at the beginning the iframe was the only one working, now neither work
ross Team
ross Feb 15 '15
Erlan, seems like they have enabled Mod Security module later or changed some settings. 

You will need to contact their support team to disable Mod_security module or get another hosting server for your website (or provider).