We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Share Buttons NOT displaying on Events Page - Events | Forum

David Keenan
David Keenan Feb 17 '15

I am wondering why the Share buttons (AddThis) from the Social media sharing plug-in would not display on my events page of my live site but display fine on my demo site with the same theme? the differences are that the live site has SSL and the demo site doesn't.

I have checked the event plug-in files and they seem to be identical. 

Can anyone assist in this?

Thank You In Advanced.

David Keenan
David Keenan Feb 17 '15
Note: the share icons/button display fine on most other pages I have checked. Just seems to be the events page.
Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan Feb 18 '15
another note: the invite button also is missing, anyone else have this issue??
David Keenan
David Keenan Feb 19 '15
Okay. Reinstalled events and the share buttons are now displaying. Only thing is you loss all events. But has been resolved.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Feb 19 '15
Steven, we cannot reproduce the issue with the join button.
Is the event public? Who cannot see the join button? All users?
Try to deactivate/activate back the plugin and see if the issue persists. is it a clean installation or it happened suddenly on your active website?
David Keenan
David Keenan Feb 21 '15
This was on a clean install and don't think they were ever there. But as suggested the deactivate and activate didn't work but the full removal and re-installation did work. Just a bug in the matrix I think. Thanks any way and hopefully this post will help others with the same issue.
David Keenan
David Keenan Feb 21 '15
Just to be clear both the share icons and invite button now show on the events page after the removal and re-installation.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Feb 23 '15
Alright, thanks for letting us know.
You do not have permission to reply this topic