We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video and Video upload don't work !!! No button to show !!! - User Credits | Forum

Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 19 '15
Video and Video upload don't work !!! No button to show !!!
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 19 '15
What video plugin are you talking about? Was this plugin developed by Oxwall team? Could you please provide us with the step by step instructions about what have been done, so we could reproduce this problem at our demo site.
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 19 '15
I have default video, videoplus and video upload plugin installed. I have a role call [Good] member. Then I uncheck add video permission on these 3 plugins. Then I go to user credits plugin to setup these 3 plugin enabled if [Good] member add new video can get 20 credits. But after that, I can't see the add video button !! The button just hide because I uncheck add video permission.
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 19 '15

I have some account type call Standard, ID Certified, VIP, Premium and Admin. Then I have 9 User roles. Such as (Default) Free, Good, Better, Best, RealID, VIP, Primium and Max. I made default User roles on Standard account type is Free. and ID Certified account type is RealID.

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 19 '15
Ok, let me check this. I will get back to you with the results asap.
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 19 '15
ok
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 19 '15
All other plugins works well such as blog, photo, group, link and event. ONLY video and video upload plugin don't work (no add button).
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 20 '15
How come Skalfa doesn't answer me questions anymore ? I am the customer who purchase this plugin for $100. Then it doesn't work !!!
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 24 '15

Hello Kelvin,

Sorry it took a while to respond.

We've have checked your report with the Oxwall Video plugin. Here is what we've done:

- created two roles: Free and Paid;

- created two account types: Standard and Good;

- unchecked the Add Video option for both Free and Paid roles;

- set the 20 credits for the Add Video service for both Standard and Good account types;

- logged in under regular user's account: Paid role, Good account type;

- went to the Video page and could see the Add New button.

Please check it once again with the standard Oxwall Video plugin. If this does not work with the standard video plugin, please provide us with the screenshots of settings for account types, roles and user credits plugin. If it does not work with the third-party plugins - you need to contact these plugins developers and ask them to check into this issue. Most probably their plugins work incorrectly with the User Credits plugin.

Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 25 '15
Skalfa LLC you just off topic. default Video plugin got covered by VideoPlus. and Video Upload plugin is 3 party plugin. but it shows on user credits setting. so it should be something wrong with your user credits or 3 party plugin. It is very bad experience. If you can only test for default video plugin.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 25 '15
Kelvin, listen, we have no options to affect third-party plugins. User credits plugins just gives some events which can be used by other plugins to make them work with the User Credits plugin. 

I've asked you to check this functionality with the standard Oxwall Video plugin, because we 100% sure that they are using the methods and events provided by our plugin correctly. In the Video plugin there is a condition in the ow_plugins/video/controllers/video.php file:

// check auth

$showAddButton = true;

$status = BOL_AuthorizationService::getInstance()->getActionStatus('video', 'add');

if ( $status['status'] == BOL_AuthorizationService::STATUS_AVAILABLE )

{

$script = '$("#btn-add-new-video").click(function(){

document.location.href = ' . json_encode(OW::getRouter()->urlFor('VIDEO_CTRL_Add', 'index')) . ';

});';

OW::getDocument()->addOnloadScript($script);

}

else if ( $status['status'] == BOL_AuthorizationService::STATUS_PROMOTED )

{

$script = '$("#btn-add-new-video").click(function(){

OW.authorizationLimitedFloatbox('.json_encode($status['msg']).');

});';

OW::getDocument()->addOnloadScript($script);

}

else

{

$showAddButton = false;

}

$this->assign('showAddButton', $showAddButton);

This condition allows system to check if the Add New button should be visible or not. This condition in the Video plugin functionality, but not in our plugin.
If the third-party plugins use our conditions incorrectly, they will not behave the correct way as it does the Video plugin.

Anyway, as we can see the VideoPlus and Video Upload are not compatible with the Oxwall 1.7.2 - this also can result the issue. So, you should contact these plugins developers and ask them to check into this issue.

I hope my explanation is clear enough. If not, please don't hesitate to get back to me for clarifications or additional instructions.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Feb 25 '15
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 25 '15
Thank you Skalfa LLC to provide this details for me. I will check these code on VideoPlus and Video Upload by myself. By the way, I am using Oxwall 1.7.1
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 25 '15
Kelvin, I was talking about the 1.7.2 version of Oxwall software. Everything works just fine on Oxwall 1.7.2. Please specify what User Credits plugin version you are using.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Feb 25 '15
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 25 '15
OMG ! so bad !!! Skalfa LLC I didn't see your latest version only compatible with 1.7.2 !!! I was updated to latest version recently !!! Please help me to downgrade to previous version that compatible with 1.7.1 !!!
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 25 '15
Or I can modify some codes to make it compatible with 1.7.1. Please tell me how to. just don't let me uninstall. Because I have a lot of credits records.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 1 '15
Kelvin, it's not impossible to downgrade the User Credits plugin. The safest way it to re-install the plugin with the previous version. Or you can just replace the new code with the old one (I've sent the previous plugin version via PM), but we cannot guarantee that everything will work correctly.
Kelvin
Kelvin Mar 1 '15
Sir I have a question. If I try to re-install it. Will I lose members' credits records on MySQL database ? and will I lose all my credits cost/earn setting ?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 1 '15
Yes, all data will be erased in case you re-install the plugin. 
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Mar 2 '15
Kelvin
Kelvin Mar 2 '15
You know it is impossible to do that. All members have their own earned credits. I can't re-insall it at all.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 2 '15

Kelvin, we have already sorted it out through PM - the problem is not in the User Credits plugin. You shouldn't re-install it. The problem is caused by the VideoPlus and Video Upload plugins. These plugins do not work with the User Credits plugin correctly. You should contact these plugins developers and ask them to solve the problem, by applying the code I've provided above.

This function was added in 1.7.1 version of Oxwall software or even in 1.7.0 and if they want their plugins to work with our plugin correctly - they should implement this functionality.

Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic