We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

copy to another site | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Simone
Simone Feb 20 '15
Hi,

what Oxwall's mysql table must I copy to tranfer this informaion to another site?:

- user information

- profile question

- user's photos and album

thank you

Taissa Team
Taissa Feb 24 '15
Simone, please specify, do you want to move information from one Oxwall site to another or to site which uses different platform?

If you mean transfer from Oxwall to Oxwal site and both sites have the same software versions, you just need to do mySQL transfer and copy ow_userfiles folder.
If not, please point out versions because transfer conditions depends on them.

But if you want to move information to different platform, then it depends on platform you want to use and database structure of this platform.

Any way you need a special migration script for example our CSV import plugin(http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/718). But this plugin can transfer only profile questions and user data information. It can't transfer photos and works only if you import information to Oxwall from other platform or product.

I.e. if we are talking about third-party platform you need to develop special migration script for this third-party platform which will do export of profile questions, user data and photos.
Please provide us more information where exactly and how you want to transfer information from Oxwall and based on this data I'll be able to give you more detailed instructions.