We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed bug after update to1.7.2 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Markus
Markus Feb 20 '15
New member sign in to the site but instead have ,, joined our site!,, info I have ,,changed their avatar,, but avatar is default . When their change avatar it shows ,,changed their avatar but should the same info when you sign in?
Any ideas what is wrong ?
Thank you in advance .
M
Attachments:
  Sign in.JPG (27Kb)
Taissa Team
Taissa Feb 22 '15
Markus, it's not a bug of newsfeed updating. You need to check if the language value is correct for text key "{'base+join_activity_string'}". The default value of this key is “<a href="{$userUrl}">{$user}</a> joined our site!”.
Markus
Markus Feb 23 '15
Taissa thank you for respond .

I did check before and language values for both look correct (screen shots) it must be something else ?

Attachments:
  changed their axatar.jpg (99Kb)
  joined our site.jpg (99Kb)
Taissa Team
Taissa Feb 24 '15
We've tested this issue and found out that the situation arises when the "New user registration" option unchecked in NewsFeed plugin settings and user join site by using Facebook connect plugin.
You can enable this option in Admin Area>Plugins>Installed  Plugins>Newsfeed> Settings>Content tab and as result see in NewsFeed ".... joined our site using their Facebook account!" title.
Any way, Markus, thank you for the report. This will be fixed in the future.
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Mar 4 '15
Markus
Markus Feb 24 '15
Thank you Taissa for letting me know what is wrong .

regards M