We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Create users so they're informed by e-mail | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jan
Jan Feb 21 '15
Hi,

Quite some of our members are not IT savvy to say the least and if they receive a notification of our web site that there is some event coming up they will click the link in the e-mail but I can't get them to register as users so I would like to create an account for them myself so they can just get e-mail notifications.
Any idea how I can do that?
Is there a special add-on that helps with this?

Thanks,

Jan
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 2 '15
 Jan, do you mean you have, for example, three your friends which are not registered on your site, and you want that they can get some notifications on emails about some events on the site, in the groups etc. ?
But what do you mean by notifications ?
In our system the notifications it's a notification about user actions from the actions list on the page  My preferences/Email Notifications . So if there is no profile there is no notifications.

And with the exception of actions from this list above,  users can also receive other notifications using  Mass Mailing functionality.
In case if it's unregistered user we may advise you this service -MailChimp.
But to inform users about some event on your site you need to compose the email list manually.
Jan
Jan Mar 2 '15
Hi Taissa,

No I'm looking for a tool that will make it easier for an Oxwall admin to add user profiles himself.
So that also these users, which an admin then adds, can be sent notifications from the Oxwall web site such as a new activity has been added or so.

I have manually added people by impersonating them with an email address I own and once user is there then edit the user settings but this is a cumbersome process.

Thanks,

Jan
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 3 '15
If you need to add more than one user without their personal involvement in the registration process, we could suggest you CSV data import plugin. It's allows importing profiles to site from a CSV file. But the plugin can import only basic information of a user: username, e-mail, birthday, age.
You can find it here: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/718