We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The wall on main page crash! | Forum

Ruai
Ruai Nov 11 '10
Hi,

I just found new bug (is it a bug?),

The wall on main page is allowing an user to insert HTML text into it,
let say the user want to insert an image to the wall, by using:

< img src = "http://site . com / image. jpg"/" >

but missing the ", it will cause whole main page to crash when the comment was added to the wall.

As an admin, the "delete" javascript button is missing too or it didn't display, and you can't delete that particular comment.

So, alternatively you have to go to your database and delete it manually from there.
The Forum post is edited by Ruai Nov 11 '10
Den Team
Den Nov 15 '10
Hi
Allowing HTML in comments is a feature :) But situation which you describe is a bug. It is necessary to auto close by scripting none closed html tags and quotes. Our dev team has already started development such feature.
Rivu
Rivu Dec 23 '10
You may deactivate all plug-ins and make a try.
Helen
Helen Aug 22 '11

Quote from Ruai Hi,

I just found new bug (is it a bug?),

The wall on main page is allowing an user to insert HTML text into it,
let say the user want to insert an image to the wall, by using:

< img src = "http://site . com / image. jpg"/" >

but missing the ", it will cause whole main page to crash when the comment was added to the wall.

As an admin, the "delete" javascript button is missing too or it didn't display, and you can't delete that particular comment.

So, alternatively you have to go to your database and delete it manually from there.
Hey, thanks for this... think i just made the same /similar mistake when customising my Front Page (i'm still learning tech) and clicked the disabled java button...

Now the front page has crashed.  Could you let me know where exactly I need to go in my database to fix this pls?

Thanks loads!
Celine Dion
Celine Dion Feb 28 '23
It sounds like a potential security vulnerability in the system, which could be exploited by malicious users to cause harm or disrupt the functioning of the website. mapquest driving directions
Lily Smith
Lily Smith Apr 3 '23
It sounds like a security weakness that malevolent individuals could exploit to harm or disrupt the website. Enjoy the backrooms game game
orabelle
orabelle Oct 24 '23
Thanks to reading this article, I have gained new knowledge, thank you very much flagle