We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron_Log errors ? - [Solved] | Forum

Hybrid
Hybrid Feb 28 '15
Hello,

Just recently, I've been experiencing some cron errors and am not sure how and/or where to fix it.

Here is the error msg: (NOTE: I broke down the error message for easier reading - however, this was 1 long-a$$ line in my ow_log folder

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mon Feb 23 9:13:01 2015] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory File:

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_core/database.php Line:223 Trace: [#0

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_core/database.php(253): OW_Database->__construct(Array) | #1

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_core/ow.php(230): OW_Database::getInstance(Array) | #2

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_core/base_dao.php(47): OW::getDbo() | #3

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_dao.php(66): OW_BaseDao->__construct() | #4

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_dao.php(55): BOL_ConfigDao->__construct() | #5

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php(63): BOL_ConfigDao::getInstance() | #6

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php(52): BOL_ConfigService->__construct() | #7

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_core/config.php(48): BOL_ConfigService::getInstance() | #8

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_core/config.php(68): OW_Config->__construct() | #9

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_core/ow.php(167): OW_Config::getInstance() | #10

/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx/community/ow_cron/run.php(48): OW::getConfig() | #11 {main}]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean and why is it occurring just recently?

I think because of this issue, I am unable to receive notifications via email - and just today, I noticed that a plugin I have, that has been updated since Feb. 26 here in the store, has not shown up to update on my admin dashboard...It's Feb. 28th today.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Mar 3 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 28 '15
try run repair database
Hybrid
Hybrid Feb 28 '15
Database status is "OK" - so it's not that...
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 28 '15
status does not mean ur tables n stuff are good 
[Mon Feb 23 9:13:01 2015] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory File:

read it u have problem ur database 

run db repair only takes 2 minutes 
Hybrid
Hybrid Feb 28 '15
So how do we repair the database?

Don't we just go into phpAdmin, select all tables, and select the "repair" option?

If not, where and how do I accomplish "run db repair"?

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 1 '15
in ur cpanel database  slect the database and repair if that not fix it then u have disable one by on plugins that use cron ie auto online members  auto post video etc  untill u dont get the error 
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 1 '15
lol - aside from Tammy, anyone else know the cause of these errors?

No offense tammy, but your just telling me the basic stuff to do - I've already done all that.

ross Team
ross Mar 2 '15
Hybrid, make sure cron is properly configured:http://www.oxwall.org/...20is%20not%20working
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 2 '15

Quote from Hybrid lol - aside from Tammy, anyone else know the cause of these errors?

No offense tammy, but your just telling me the basic stuff to do - I've already done all that.

yeah well if u was smart enough to say that u had tried these then you would not of wasted my time 

what do u do when u have a problem start the basic stuff or or jump right into the hard stuff only to find out a week later was a simple thing to fix it 

the old saying goes its hard to sor like an eagle when ur surrounded by turkeys 

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 2 '15
@Tammy, I appreciated your help - I just wanted to let you know that I tried all that already and still to no avail...(e.g., the issue still persists).

Secondly, that old saying doesn't apply here at all...If it did, your implying that you are the eagle and we are all turkeys here.  If that's the case, I find that offensive.  This community cannot grow with people who think like that.

If you are wanting to spread your wings and soar, perhaps helping out the community here won't help you do that - keep in mind, some here are beginners of this software, others are intermittent at it, while only a select few are genuine experts.  If you consider yourself to be an expert of this software, you should refrain from saying such things and simply help out the community, regardless of their replies and/or issues at hand.  Which means, from your "old saying", you have to stay on the ground with us turkeys.

Now, I'm not one for striking up an argument and I am sorry if I offended you in any way, especially over something so small - I just wanted to make a few points clear before we can continue troubleshooting the real issue at hand here.  Sometimes those who know the answer to issues need to dumb-down themselves in order for whoever they are helping to understand it.

@Ross, I appreciate your reply.  I'll look into making sure my cron job is setup properly - However, we have had this conversation a lot in the past.  I haven't changed my cron job setup since day 1.  The only thing I can think of is that my hosting provider did update their website recently now that I think about it, so maybe something got screwed up somehow because of it.  I'll look into it and reply back asap.

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Mar 2 '15
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 2 '15
Okay, I think I have eliminated a few steps.  My cron job isn't the issue as I am still able to send out mass mailing along with simple PM's via the message plugin to users.

I have even specified to email me notifications of my cron job to my hotmail email address.  Here is the info - which means that my cron job is working properly:

Set-Cookie: base_language_id=1; expires=Wed, 01-Apr-2015 20:34:01 GMT; path=/

Content-type: text/html

However, it only sends out these emails and email notifications to those signed up with a hotmail account as when I tried to send my cron job notifications to my gmail account - they did not send.  So in other words, I believe gmail has blocked my website from sending out email notifications which means any user who registered with a gmail account on my website will NOT receive any emails from my website (this includes both mass mailing and regular email notification of site activity).

For others who are encountering this issue (specifically gmail account users): Fill out this form - https://support.google.com/mail/contact/msgdelivery - I haven't received a reply back from google yet, but hopefully will soon and I'll report whether this has worked for me or not.

For those who are not receiving email notifications for hotmail users: Fill out this form - https://support.live.com/...t=eformts&scrx=1 - This form is for hotmail/live/outlook account users.  So if your users are not receiving email notifications or mass mailing and they have signed up on your website with either a hotmail/live/outlook email address, simply fill out this form if you KNOW that nothing is wrong on your website (e.g., your cron job, etc.).

I have found out that anyone who uses this software for their website needs to have at least 2 accounts - from different email providers.  Preferably one account registered with a gmail account and another with a hotmail account.  Feel free to have other accounts with different email providers such as yahoo, etc...That way, you can test this out as I'm confident that this will occur for anyone using this software.  I already had to fill out the hotmail form a few months ago and it seems that now I have to with gmail(google) in order to keep my email notifications and mass mailing emails to be sent to my users of my oxwall powered website.

This may be something Oxwall may want to sticky and lock after I reply back in regards to if the gmail form worked or not.  As it appears a lot of users of Oxwall have email notification issues but do not have cron job errors or issues.

So with this being said, why does this occur?  The solution is because oxwall sends out notification emails left and right regarding all site activity, etc.  With the flooding of emails being sent to either gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. - they flag your oxwall powered website as spam - therefore leading to no more email notifications being sent to these providers (e.g., no email notifications being sent to your website users who signed up with these email carriers (gmail, hotmail, etc.)).

Is oxwall working on a solution to this?  Perhaps make it known to these email providers that anyone running an oxwall powered website should be excluded and marked as okay to send through to these email providers?  I'm not sure if the latter is possible or not, and if not, perhaps some code rewriting is in order in regards to email notifications.  I think it's silly that those who use oxwall software have to deal with this and ensure their website can continue to send email notifications to users who signed up with either a gmail, hotmail, etc. email account.  It's hard to know if this is actually occurring or not for the admin (or person in charge of the website) in terms of if their users are receiving email notifications or not...

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Mar 2 '15
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 3 '15
This did the trick!  Email notifications and mass mailing are working again!
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '15
http://mxtoolbox.com/
has a free blacklist checker 
use
http://www.mail-tester.com/
to test ur mail server setup

remove words like dear  and few other from emails as spam filter pick up on these and mark your mail as spam

if ur mail sever get 10 out of 10 and fix the bad words all your mail get through no issues 
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '15

but emails being marked as spam by hotmail etc will not throw your sql error 

Message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory File:

goes back to what i said 

and on how to find whats throwing it 

by remove plugins that use cron  untill the error stops 

bit dont listem to me im just a dum girl that knows sweet f a
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Mar 4 '15