We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Messaging Plugin Error | Forum

B.I.
B.I. Mar 1 '15
I've already done a search and found people who had problems with their messages being read, but the notification not going away. My problem is somewhat the other way around.

When users send messages to each other the receiver gets a notification saying they have a new message but it does not appear in their message center or in the the embedded drop down.

Is there a way to fix this? Is it even a common problem?

Regards,
Shawn B.
ross Team
ross Mar 2 '15
What is your software version?
What is your mailbox plugin version, if you use default messages plugin?

Is this a chat conversation or mailbox conversation? Is it among regular users or admin and regular user?

Do you have paid membership or user credits plugin installed?

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 2 '15
B.I.
B.I. Mar 2 '15
I'm using Oxwall 1.7.2 and I installed the update for the messaging Plugin a while ago when it popped up so I'm guessing I have the latest version.

THe Plugin is set to use both Mail and Instant, but I have no Idea which was being used when the messages were sent. I've only had a few complaints about user to user and my Admin inbox is listed with a bunch of conversations that are unread that aren't showing up.

I do not use paid membership or credit plugins.
The Forum post is edited by B.I. Mar 2 '15
ross Team
ross Mar 2 '15
Please share your URL. 
B.I.
B.I. Mar 2 '15
If it will really be of any use in this situation here you go: BellyIN | Social Media
ross Team
ross Mar 2 '15
We cannot reproduce the issue on your website. Please see screenshots

tried both private messaging and chat conversations, everything works properly

B.I.
B.I. Mar 3 '15
Then the problem must only be on the administration side. I have attached visual aid. And to add some clarification to the visual; the notifications just showed up and stayed recently. The message that is in my inbox has been read and the notification removed long ago.

The Forum post is edited by B.I. Mar 3 '15
ross Team
ross Mar 3 '15
PM me your admin details
ross Team
ross Mar 9 '15
B.I. as to the notifications you have now please check this link: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/29195

as to the issue you reported I cannot reproduce this on your website. See screenshots

B.I.
B.I. Mar 10 '15
Alright. Well, thank you anyway ross.
Maksim
Maksim Mar 18 '15
When you attach a file to the message writes a prohibited file extension how to fix it? 
ross Team
ross Mar 18 '15
Maksim, next time you need to create a separate post with your issue, as your issue has nothing to do with the issue described in this post. 

You can add file attachment extension here: www.site.com/admin/settings/user-input

Maksim
Maksim Mar 18 '15

Quote from ross Maksim, next time you need to create a separate post with your issue, as your issue has nothing to do with the issue described in this post. 

You can add file attachment extension here: www.site.com/admin/settings/user-input

????What is that?
ross Team
ross Mar 18 '15
What do you mean what is that? the reply to your issue. What is the file extension you try to attach? Have you resolved the issue with the instructions i gave you?
Maksim
Maksim Mar 18 '15
No not solved!I just need that-be in the message inserted files and everything!how to do that!?Because the files are not inserted! 
ross Team
ross Mar 18 '15
What is the extension of the file you try to attach?

Have you added the allowed file extension here:www.yoursite.com/admin/settings/user-input ?

Maksim
Maksim Mar 18 '15
That's it!JPEG format !? What to do?Other formats too, not to createsa!Sorry I not understand English!And I can't understand what the link You me off!! 
Attachments:
  Безымянный.png (345Kb)
ross Team
ross Mar 18 '15
Check whether you have jpeg in the allowed file extension list here: www.YOURDOMAIN.com/admin/settings/user-input. ;
Maksim
Maksim Mar 19 '15
Формат:.PNG Формат:.jpeg Формат:.JPG Формат:.jpe  Формат:.GIF Формат:.PDF Формат:.SVG Формат .WMF:Формат  .JPEG Формат: .txt Формат:.png 
ross Team
ross Mar 19 '15
Maksim, do you understand my instructions?

Provide the screenshot of the allowed file extension list here: www.YOURDOMAIN.com/admin/settings/user-input ?

Pages: 1 2 »