We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Macabre Theme Changes | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
John
John Nov 11 '10
How do I add a photo/background at the very top of the Macabre theme? It currently has the tiny little banner area for a small banner but I want to enlarge that and put a photo in the length of the page.

Thanks!
John
John Nov 15 '10
My original message has been sitting here for about 5 days unanswered. I have to assume it's invisible lol.

Anyway, trying once again.

Anyone have the answer? Thank you/

Quote from John

How do I add a photo/background at the very top of the Macabre theme? It currently has the tiny little banner area for a small banner but I want to enlarge that and put a photo in the length of the page.

Thanks!

Dave
Dave Nov 15 '10
John go macabre css then go to line 3292 in that section is width and height of the logo and go from there

hope this helps
The Forum post is edited by Dave Nov 15 '10
Jan
Jan Dec 28 '10

Quote from Dave

u

Very nice thx!
Israel
Israel Jan 20 '11
Dave, I'd appreciate it if you can further describe how one can get to line 3292 in the CSS section.I'm having just about the same problem and have been at it for hours...I need all the help I can get.My link is www.smssenda.com/oxwall
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 24 '11
What I personally do is copy the CSS from the site admin and open it in a program like dreamweaver which has the line numbers in it.
John
John Feb 27 '11
I gave up on this. Messed my main page up three times and reinstalled the site three times. I can't understand why they make it so difficult to change the logo.
Anil
Anil Mar 27 '11
how to add the images to join pages in left of the signup box
Any help
razzberry
razzberry Oct 22 '11
Alright. I have had to change the logo size in Macabre a couple of times now. I feel like it should be posted up here how to do it. 

(my instructions wont be perfect, so bear with me please)..

-In the Macabre folder on your computer go to "base.css".
-You can open this file with "WordPad" if you do not have Dreamweaver.
- Once open? Scroll to close to the bottom of the document. (for me the spot is about a centimeter up from the bottom, in the scrollbar marker?)

Find this...

.ow_header .ow_logo{
background-image: url(images/logo.png); /** OW_Control type:image, section:1. General Settings, key:logoImage, label:Logo image **/
background-repeat: no-repeat;
margin: 39px 0 0 10px;
}

.ow_header .ow_logo h2 a{
display: block;
width:197px;  
height:47px;
}

See the width and height? Adjust those.

- Then copy the full code and travel into your admin panel within your oxwall.
- click on "Appearance" then to "Edit Theme", and finally click on the "CSS" tab.
- You will see the "read only" portion. Scroll down to the bottom of this page. There is an empty form box there. Post your updated "base.css" code into that empty box, and click "Save".
- There should be a green pop up that says it's been edited.

thenn........(almost finished!)

- scroll back up and click on the tab named "Theme Settings"
- scroll down a little and you should see the General Settings. (1st section).
- choose the logo you designed to replace the Macabre one, and then click on "Save" at the very bottom.

NOW.......If I got it right? This should fix this tiny logo issue so many can't figure out!!!!

The Forum post is edited by razzberry Oct 22 '11
Max
Max Oct 22 '11
To increase size of my div logo in macabre, I added this in my custom css :
.ow_header .ow_logo h2 a
{
display: block;
width: 665px;
height: 110px;
}
That's all !