We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ftp details not recognised | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dominic Walters
Dominic Walters Feb 12 '12
Trying to update plugins and platform from admin panel but my ftp details are not being recognised by the system

i know my details are correct as i use them every day

any ideas?
Michael Leader
Michael Feb 12 '12
I have a similar problem where I dont have overwrite permissions (according to the site) but if I run filezilla I can overwrite no problems.
Something to do with use the same account to update that was used to create the oxwall site.

I'm not sure but I am waiting on an answer and fix for this.
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 16 '12
Probably the user of folder and files is different from the FTP user you are using. Check into that and probably you'd have to change ownership for the code files.
Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran Feb 16 '12
It happened to me too. At first I had not idea what username and password to use. When I tried the username and password that I used to log in to the control panel of my web hosting server, it worked.
Eric
Eric Feb 16 '12
I used the cpanel log in but it told me the same thing it told Michael (no overwrite permissions). Can this be fixed with a simple CHMOD change of file permissions? OR, is it possible to change this by switching to debug mode, or the other mode(s) in the config file?
Michael Leader
Michael Feb 17 '12
Chown I think is the command. You may probably need ash to do this. I will try this later.
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 19 '12
You should use chown, not chmod command. And this should be preferably done via SSH (since I don't know any other options). Consider about contacting your hosting company.