We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video Plugin "Wall Parsererror" | Forum

Nirmal
Nirmal Aug 10 '10
Hello,

There is a problem with the wall for video plugin. When posting on the wall. Parsererror occured. Any fix for it? But normally it should be working fine since oxwall wall is used globally.
Den Team
Den Aug 10 '10
Hi
Would you provide us with embeded code you posting and screen shot of error.
Nirmal
Nirmal Aug 11 '10
Hi!

Here is a screenshot.
Attachments:
  oxwall video.png (76.91Kb)
Den Team
Den Aug 11 '10
And some more questions Nirmal:
1) This error appears when you just open this video's page or you after you did some actions?
2) Can you look you error log for any PHP errors on this page?

Thanks
Nirmal
Nirmal Aug 11 '10
The page is loading fine. Only when commenting on the wall of videos, the parsererror occured, but the comment is inserting fine. I will try to give you some more details about it.

Den Team
Den Aug 12 '10
"parseerror" means Fatal error during comment saving process. Please, try to find this Fatal error on your error log file and list it here.

Thanks
Nirmal
Nirmal Aug 14 '10
Hi!

Hey bad news, i dnt have a single log written, in the wack OW_LOGS directory. Any idea?
Den Team
Den Aug 16 '10
Hi Nirmal!
There are two ways:
1) This must be your standart PHP error logs, which are stored on predefined file. You can ask about it your hosting provider or look it on httpd.conf/php.ini

2) If you have a little bit of experience with Mozilla's firebug extension, then you can try to:
- enable/open Firebug
- open video's page
- try to leave a comment
- in firebug, find AJAX response from server for your comment. This response may contains an error.

You can send me your domain and I will try to look it :)
Christian Gassand
Christian Gassand Oct 22 '22

I tried video plugin by Dave for my estes express tracking site to manage videos of express delivery. You should try out this plugin, its almost have the same features that you are looking for.

The Forum post is edited by Christian Gassand Oct 22 '22
miakls
miakls Oct 25 '22

Do you like to play games? With the challenge brought fall guysis a fun and pleasant game for people of all ages. Compete against the other players. To win, compete in congested areas and conquer obstacle chapters.

Sam Illingworth
Sam Illingworth Nov 20 '22

The plugin by Dave worked for me. I tried it on my Speedpack Tracking website to manage the transporter videos. I think you should definetly give it a try as it has amazing features.

The Forum post is edited by Sam Illingworth Mar 23