We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Move MODERATOR PANEL from dashboard to index... [Solved] | Forum

Jordi
Jordi Mar 14 '15
Hi,

i know how to move a plugin from one page to a other page bij editing the activate.php file. But does someone now hoe to move the moderator panel from the dashboard to the indexpage? I dont use the dashboard page on my site. 

i hope someone wants to answer and help me out...

Thanks

Jor

The Forum post is edited by Taissa Mar 17 '15
Jordi
Jordi Mar 15 '15
Nobody? 
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 16 '15
Jordi, the Moderator panel widget this is the system widget and that is why there are no activate.php and deactivate.php files. But you can use the activate.php file of other plugin for example The Blog plugin file.
You need to go to ow_plugins/photo/activate.php file and add this code in the end of the file:

$widget = BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidget('BASE_CMP_ModerationToolsWidget');
$placeWidget = BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentAdminService::PLACE_INDEX);
BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidgetToPosition($placeWidget, BOL_ComponentAdminService::SECTION_LEFT);

After the saving you need to activate and deactivate the plugin via Admin Area>Plugins>Installed Plugins section.
Then, don't forget to remove the code above in the activate.php file.

And we would really appreciate if you will search before posting. This topic has already been discussed: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/117/search?&q=addWidget .
Jordi
Jordi Mar 16 '15
Thanks for answering. I did search the the forum a few times but didn't found that topic. sort for that.

Thank you very much!

Unus
Unus Mar 22 '16
ok so BOL_ComponentAdminService::PLACE_INDEX identifies the index page and I know there are other constants which identify the other existing pages. 

but how can I identify a new page I created (custom page, via admin panel)? cause I want to add the plugin to a new custom page (oxwal new page)?

ross Team
ross Mar 22 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.