We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Version 1.7.1 or 1.7.2.? - Profile Avatar with Webcam | Forum

Rob
Rob Mar 15 '15

This is what my members get to see if they want to make the profile photo with their webcam. Nothing. !! One says that the plugin is compatible with the version 1.7.2 but I am having this problem. A platform update to a higher level is fine, but let the other plugins therefore also be updated. Under the version 1.7.1 the plugin worked well, so something is wrong with the new version 1.7.2.

With best regards,

Daydreams Exclusive

The Forum post is edited by Rob Feb 5 '16
Purusothaman Ramanujam
It looks like there is some conflict with plugins after yur update. The plugin works fine on 1.7.2

Can you see any errors in browser console? If you are not able to find it, please PM me your site details and login to test.
Rob
Rob Mar 16 '15

With Explorer no error messages, just the screen last message.. With Google Chrome indeed the demand for permit with webcam. Most of our members are using Explorer.

With regards,

Daydreams Exclusive

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you PM your url and login account to test this.
Rob
Rob Mar 19 '15
Best Purusothaman, we think we have solved it. One must always refresh the page or at least regularly, to get the demand for permission to use the webcam.! But thanks for the quick response.

With best regards,

Daydreams Exclusive

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for the update.
Rob
Rob May 29 '15

Still the plugin does not work well or not at all. New platfom version 1.7.3 (build 8710), example (see attached pictures). When using Explorer 11, which use the most members.! It would be really niceif the members can use this plugin.

With best regards,

Daydreams Exclusive

The Forum post is edited by Rob Feb 5 '16
Purusothaman Ramanujam
All the images are broken Sir. can you please attach them.
Rob
Rob Jun 1 '15
I'm sorry Purusothaman, I hope that they are now clearer.
Attachments:
  Webcam avatar 2.JPG (38Kb)
  Webcam avatar 3.JPG (20Kb)
  Webcam avatar 1.JPG (40Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Have you accepted the camera permission popup that appears in your browser?
Rob
Rob Jun 8 '15
That question was not even raised, this is the first thing they will see.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
May be some problem with your browser support then. can you try in other browser?
Rob
Rob Jun 18 '15

We have again the plugin activated on one of our websites.

Also tested on google chrome and it works well but the test on Internet Explorer 11 does not work and there was also no question about accepting the camera.

The settings are reset after the test in Internet Explorer, but it still does not work.

Now we wait for the reactions of our members when they have tried de plugin.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please let me know how it goes when you hear from your users.
You do not have permission to reply this topic