We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Moderator tools [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Mar 15 '15
In the menu you can not see the tools of the moderator! when you open says no tool!
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Mar 23 '15
ross Team
ross Mar 15 '15
When you open says no tool or no items?
ross Team
ross Mar 15 '15
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Mar 16 '15
Yes!
ross Team
ross Mar 16 '15
When you open says no tool or no items? If not items, the users have to flag the item like a newsfeed item or a page, photo, video, then the item will appear there for admin to approve
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 16 '15
ross Team
ross Mar 16 '15
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Mar 16 '15
The moderator sees the newsfeed? whether to approve it or not!
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 17 '15
Morena Milani, the moderator permissions doesn't affect the widget is displayed or not. This settings allow the Moderator to delete any post in the Newsfeed. The users who have not moderator permissions can delete their own posts only.

If you go to Admin Area/Privacy & Permissions/Moderators - you will see the sections: Video, Groups, Blogs, Base, Admin, Events,  Newsfeed, Friends, Links, Photo, Forum, Virtual Gifts. If you tick off the Video section check box - that's means you will allow your moderator to moderate the video content i.e. edit/delete/etc.

Also there are two basic sections:
The Base section that will allow your moderator to moderate users' profiles i.e. suspend/change role/delete/etc.
And the Admin section - if you tick this section off for your moderator - you will give all the admin privileges to them i.e. they will be a site admin and will have all permissions as you.

Please, see more information here: https://docs.oxwall.org/user-manual:privacy:moderators

Be note the Moderator page has nothing to do with the roles and their sets of permissions.
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Mar 20 '15
Thank you Taissa!