We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

mod-security causes video errors | Forum

Mike
Mike Feb 12 '12
Hi,

We run a dedicated server and have Oxwall installed working fine.

There is a problem with mod security, when we turn it off video works fine, but obviously this is not an option. 

We had a long discussion about this, and most agree that the script should work within mod security, not compromise a server because the code is not around it. 

How can we fix this>

FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Feb 12 '12
did you mean the video plugin that can download from the oxwall-store, for use embed-linked Video files ?

greets
FaceT
Mike
Mike Feb 12 '12
yes that's the one!
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Feb 13 '12
ok....and your embed-links are from the same server where oxwall is installed ?
(a folder inside oxwall or outside of the oxwall)

have you try it over subdomain configurations ?
Mike
Mike Feb 13 '12
Hi,

I am trying to embed youtube movies, also same issue in adding video to comments. 

The issue is with URL$ problem where is included by the user submission, where is common practice, now, is to have this done on script level. The usual route would be to simply add the youtube movie ID, and the rest is added by the script, it would by-pass modsecurity issues.

The whole "past embed" code is not really a usual or particular logical way to do this. 

Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 23 '12
Mike, you should check into your mod_security settings to find out what exactly doesn't let your video works properly. 

The feature you're talking about is implemented in our WYSIWYG editor. Is that what you meant?