We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

top rated pictures showing up several times[bug-to be fixed] - Photo | Forum

Marisa
Marisa Mar 17 '15
Is it just on my site??? The same pictures are being showed several times in top rated section.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Apr 6 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 19 '15
Marisa, what is your software version?
What is your photo plugin version? You can check the build version in the ow_plugin/photo/plugin.xml file
Please provide the screenshot of the issue with the duplicate top rated photo.
Marisa
Marisa Mar 19 '15
my software version is 1.7.2 and plugin is 8600 (I haven't updated it with yesterday's update yet, but I doubt it contains the fix to my problem anyway).

Here is a screenshot, as you can see the pics keep randomly repeating and repeating down the list. This only happens on desktop version. On mobile version it is okay.

P.S. Just noticed - the same thing happens on "Most discussed", too.

The Forum post is edited by Marisa Mar 19 '15
Attachments:
  Selection_193.jpg (80Kb)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 23 '15
Marisa, please switch to the default theme like Origin check if the issue persists.If it does, keep the default theme and share your URL, make sure the website is open for registration.
Marisa
Marisa Mar 25 '15
my theme is Origin, I only changed colors. My site is at datingnmore . com / site (remove spaces, I disguised it to hide from spambots). And it is open to registrations, but is set to admin mandatory approval.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 25 '15
Marisa, can you please disable oaboost plugin and try again, check if the issue persists, if it does, please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, we'll take a closer look at your issue.
Marisa
Marisa Mar 26 '15
nope, doesn't help. I only have the oaboost plugin for a week or so, while the problem with pictures I am having for a long time. PM sent, thanks!

P.S. I sent PM to "Oxwall Software", but it says it's a dummy account and you cannot receive PMs... whom should I PM than???

The Forum post is edited by Marisa Mar 27 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 30 '15
Marisa, http://datingnmore.com/playground does not respond at all, something is wrong with the server. It says the server takes too long to respond, I could not check the issue.
Marisa
Marisa Apr 5 '15
well, I am not sure what's going on, but I STILL need help. On my test site, I disabled almost all plugins, only left 5 basic ones: Forum, Groups, Messages, Newsfeed and Friends. Plus, unmodified Origin theme. Plus, the latest version of photo plugin. And top rated and most discussed pictures keep repeating....

http://datingnmore.com/playground/photo/viewlist/toprated

The Forum post is edited by Marisa Apr 5 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 6 '15
We have managed to reproduce the issue on our test websites. It will be fixed asap. I'll pass it to our developers.
Marisa
Marisa Aug 6 '15
Have to bring this old topic back. The issue with top-rated pictures was successfully fixed since Oxwall version 1.7.3,thank you very much!!! But the same issue still exists with most discussed pictures. I don't know what you did with top rated pics, but could you please do the same on most discussed? Thanks in advance.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 11 '15
Thank you for the report. We've forwarded this issue to our technicians.
You do not have permission to reply this topic