We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Contact Importer | Forum

Orville
Orville Feb 13 '12
I installed Contact Importer ok. Set static folders to 777. When I go to Dashboard under Invite Friends has the google and fb icon but after 1 or 2 sec they are gone and the Invite Friends is plank. If I mouse over I can find the fb link. What can I do?
Orville
Orville Feb 14 '12
I am using Facebook Connect and it works great, so I don't think it a js problem .
Orville
Orville Feb 14 '12
Just found out it works with chrome but not with IE. I called MS and they would not let me talk to Bill, so you are me only hope, LOL
Paul
Paul Feb 14 '12
I seem to have a problem with my contact importer all of a sudden too.

It's showing the Facebook and Gmail icons on the dashboard page but they are not clickable.  Also, when members send out invites with their invite codes (for example http://www.matesgate.biz/join?code=12345xyz), they are not receiving credits when someone signs up.

I'm getting earache about this so I would be very grateful, as always, for some pointers to sort it out.

Thank you very much :-)

Impact-tech
Impact-tech Feb 15 '12
Paul do you have facebook social plugin on your site...like buttons or any other plugin from facebook? Maby i have solutions for you
Paul
Paul Feb 16 '12
I have the contact importer and the facebook connect plugins. I removed the facebook like button because it seemed to cause problems on the site
Rob
Rob Feb 17 '12
paul do u have the contact importer working could i have the  fbcanvas file is missing on mind and can not get a copy u would be a star if u could :) 
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 23 '12
Orville, do you still have the issue you reported? Is that the issue with FBInvite and Google invite or with both?
Eric
Eric Apr 30 '13
When click Join or Sign In, Facebook connect button not shows and only shows "connect". Why??? I also seen same in www.oxwall.org site when click to sign in. Anyone tell me how to fix? Thanks.

The Forum post is edited by Eric Apr 30 '13
Eric
Eric May 1 '13
Thanks Aliia.