We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cant find it anymore.... disable chat between not friends. [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jordi
Jordi Mar 23 '15
Hi,

I cant find it anymore.... how can i disable the chat function between not friends? I have the friends plugin installed. 

Or set the default privacy settings to friends only.

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Taissa Mar 27 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 26 '15
Jordi, if I understand you correctly this topic will be useful for you: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/9467 .

If I got you wrong, please provide me with more detailed information.
Jordi
Jordi Mar 26 '15
i want it the other way around. I just want that friends can chat with each other. And i have the friends plugin installed

Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 26 '15
Oh, I get it now.
Even if you have installed the Friends plugin, people can invite other on-line users by clicking the "Chat now" button if they go to the "Members" page of your site.

And you are right, the possible solution to hide this button is change the privacy settings. You can set as default the "Friends only" value for the option "Who can invite me to chat"  on the Privacy setting page.
It is a custom code modification.
You need to edit /ow_plugins/mailbox/classes/event_handler.php file.
Find this code:

if (in_array('chat', $activeModes))
        {
            $action = array(
                'key' => 'mailbox_invite_to_chat',
                'pluginKey' => 'mailbox',
                'label' => $language->text('mailbox', 'privacy_action_invite_to_chat'),
                'description' => '',
               'defaultValue' => 'everybody'
            );

Change the value "everybody" to "friends_only" value.

Once the changes are made don't forget to clear the browser cache and the smarty cache (DEV_MOD, use this manual:https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug ).
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Mar 26 '15
Jordi
Jordi Mar 26 '15
Taissa,

thanks again! this is great!