We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hot To Change Bar Color | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Mar 25 '15
Is there a way to change the color and buttons color at the very top of oxwall? If so how? Thank you.
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 25 '15
Bobby Brown, you can do it by using the CSS code modifications. Go to the Admin Area>Appearance>Edit Theme>CSS tab and paste this code:  

.ow_site_panel .ow_console_body { background-color: your color; }

.ow_site_panel .ow_console_body .ow_console_item { background: your color; }

.OW_ConsoleItemContent .ow_tooltip .ow_tooltip .ow_tooltip_body { background-color: your color; }

Once the changes are made don't forget to clear the browser cache.
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Mar 27 '15
I've tried that method the whole bar across the top is still the same color besides the right icons in top right corner. Check it out www.gymradio.org
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 31 '15
Bobby Brown, the CSS code modifications depend on the site theme. Using the Firebug and the ..Edit Theme>CSS tab interface is the best way to make CSS code modifications.  In your case try to using this CSS code.

.ow_site_panel { background-color: your color; }

.ow_site_panel .ow_console .ow_console_body  { background: your color; }

.ow_site_panel .ow_console .ow_console_body .ow_console_item  { background-color: your color; }

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 10 '15
Ok I have successfully got the bar strip changed the color and the text color, now there is a major issue, when you hover over the menu-ed items the drop down is still a grey ish color, is there a way to change this?

Kind Regards,

Bobby Brown - www.cprworldwidemedia.net
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Apr 13 '15

Try using:

.ow_tooltip .ow_tooltip_body
{    background-color: #color_code_here}

Note: this will change the color everywhere where the.ow_tooltip .ow_tooltip_body class is used at.

Sample of how this will look like. I used yellow color.

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Apr 13 '15
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Apr 13 '15
You might also need to edit following css because #2c4a7c  is way too dark and you can't see the text on hover:

ul.ow_console_dropdown .ow_console_dropdown_cont a:hover {    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #2c4a7c;    border: 1px solid #000000;    border-radius: 2px;}

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Apr 13 '15
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
Hello Oxwall Tips!

Thanks for you're continued in support in helping making our Media Network the best! I have figured it out~ YAY :d Take a look. Also Is there a way to create a custom sign in or custom sign up page and make it like the default page that is landed on?

Kind Regards,

Bobby Brown
Attachments:
  reddrop.png (191Kb)
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Apr 15 '15
Looks great!

With regards custom sign in page I see 3 ways around.

1. Close your site to guest users in Admin Panel >> Privacy and Permissions >> Global Privacy. This way whenever anybody opens your domain name sign in page will be opened.

You then will need to edit some CSS and .html related to sign in page to make it look more attractive.

Note: you won't be able to show widgets that are currently visible on your main page in your sign in page. Overall your current main page will be accessible only by loged in users.

2. Developing a plugin, which will create a custom page where you can add a sign in form. By placing your new plugin's menu item to the first place in Admin Panel >> Pages and Menus >> Pages and menus>> you will be able to make a sign in page landing one.

Benefit of plugin development is that you won't have to close your site from guest users.

3. Check the Store. I am aware of several plugins for a landing page: http://www.oxwall.org/store/search/plugin?q=landing

Easiest way is of course #3. Just get  a plugin.
The most difficult is #2.
#1 is somewhat in the middle. Doesn't require complex modifications, but you must have basic css and html skills.

Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 15 '15
Oxwall Tips, thank you for your assistance.

Bobby Brown
, please do not forget about the forum's rule: "One request per one topic".
And also have you seen the search results: https://www.google.ru/...biw=1680&bih=938 ?