We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Groups Plugins not showing up in Dashboard | Forum

Sconer
Sconer Feb 16 '12
A user has created two groups but on the dashboard a) group plugin does not show up however b) when customize dashboard it does show up, but no groups are available. If user goes through the groups tab they exist under "my groups". Any ideas?
davood
davood Feb 17 '12
I have this problem
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Feb 18 '12
have you installed the "privacy" plugin and the user have inside the option that the Groups only show for friends or self ?

greets
FaceT

The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Feb 18 '12
davood
davood Feb 18 '12
I made ​​a group and also on all groups in a private setting but did not show
Sconer
Sconer Feb 18 '12
The groups show up on dashboard for Admin but not any other. Not sure how it relates but that seems to be the only difference.
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 24 '12
As I understood, you are saying there are no any group activities displayed in the Newsfeed. Am I getting your report right? If no, provide me with steps of reproducing the issue.
Sconer
Sconer Feb 24 '12
Login as a Non admin account. Create a group, Title and description. Save. If I navigate to Dashboard or Profile page (Where the Groups Plugin is used) The Groups box/Plugin does not even appear. If I navigate to the Groups drop down menu and select, then select My Groups, they show up there. Group setting for this is account is set so everyone can see.

Login as Admin, and navigate to Non-admin Profile page and I can see the Group Plugin and three groups listed. (3 per settings)