We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Slow Site config.php file issue[Solved] | Forum

Jahmarley Henry
Jahmarley Henry Apr 3 '15
Hi all, 

I dont know if this is the right section but I just wanted to share this with you all.

My Oxwall site is on shared hosting on Arvixe and it was loading really slow... load time was up to 15 secs.

I read a few threads and noticed mentions to ensure debug and dev mode were false in config.php and when I checked they were... however after checking config file even further I noticed ther file was as follows:

define('OW_USE_CLOUDFILES', false);
    define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true);    define('OW_DEV_MODE', true);
if ( defined('OW_CRON') ){    define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);    define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);}else{    /**    * Make changes in this block if you want to enable DEV mode and DEBUG mode    */
    define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);    define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);}

instead of:

define('OW_USE_CLOUDFILES', false);
if ( defined('OW_CRON') ){     define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);    define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);} else {     /**    * Make changes in this block if you want to enable DEV mode and DEBUG mode    */        define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);    define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false); }

I changed it and site started running smoothly again!

I dont know what caused that in the config file but im just posting it here incase it helps somebody else at some point

The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 10 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 6 '15
Yes, the site was slow because you enabled dev mode, it was true. 

There are two sections for debug/dev mode the one at the bottom works when you refresh the website and the one at the top is called everytime the cron is running. 

We do not recommend to enable the top part dev/debug modes, as it will cause the issues with the files. If you want to recompile your static files with the dev mode and see the error with enabling debug mode. Please do that in the bottom part. 

Jahmarley Henry
Jahmarley Henry Apr 9 '15
Ty ross...

question... I had deleted the debug/dev mode options at the top and left the ones at the bottom as false. Should I put the deleted ones back and put them as false or are they ok deleted?

thnx

ross Team
ross Apr 9 '15
Yes, it would be better if you put them back, just in case and put them to false
dave Leader
dave Apr 9 '15

Also if you have access you might try to compress your site via the cPanel  (optimize website) you will find that it should load alittle faster after doing so.

Jahmarley Henry
Jahmarley Henry Apr 10 '15
ty very much for your responses ross and dave. I have put them back and changed it to false. I am hosted with arvixe and I have optimized the database tables, optimized website from cpanel and im using cloudflare....

Website is running nicely at the moment.. I also have the IM option disabled

thnx for the help

ross Team
ross Apr 10 '15
I'm going to mark this thread as Solved. 
dilohew393
dilohew393 Aug 7 '23
We have not too long ago started out any website, the knowledge an individual offer on this web site provides aided myself tremendously. Thank you regarding your entire moment & perform.https://sites.google.com/account-email.com/hotmail/
macallister
macallister Aug 8 '23
Standard sessions allow me to share the simplest way to thanks a lot for ones hard work, which in turn is the reason why I am just traveling to the web page every day, seeking brand-new, exciting information. A lot of, cheers! visit https://tech101tricks.com/
macallister
macallister Aug 8 '23
Superior Place, My organization is a great believer during ad opinions regarding online websites that will let the webpage novelists recognize that they’ve put in an item worthwhile that will the online market place! SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS
macallister
macallister Aug 9 '23
I’m inspired with the surpassing and preachy listing that you furnish in such little timing. traumfänger
macallister
macallister Aug 10 '23
Wonderful Content, Now i'm a massive believer for offer suggestions relating to internet websites to make sure you let the web page creators understandthat they’ve incorporated an issue good to make sure you just a couple of! JKTSLOT88
macallister
macallister Aug 10 '23
You happen to be permitted to article labels, and not backlinks, until these are accredited along with in theme. ALOHA4D