We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

google_user_17 - Google Connect (recode) | Forum

jose
jose Apr 4 '15
This plugin works really well, I'm currently testing it on my dev site. However, when a user signs up with their Google account, the username that's generated is something like "google_user_5" which is obviously no good, as users aren't going to want to have a generated username like this.

Can the plugin be updated so that it generates the username as "firstname.surname" with a digit added is it's a duplicate? Otherwise, it's going to be very confusing for people when they want to share their profile URL.

Thanks,

The Forum post is edited by jose Apr 4 '15
Kali
Kali Apr 7 '15
Same problem here, it's impossible to use it like that! Any answer from the developer?
jose
jose Apr 7 '15
Oxwall it is leaving a lot in this regard should put some limits to publish a plugin first prove that the plugin works as advertised in the store and if not well remove it so as not to prejudice the Oxwall networks that somehow are those that have enabled Oxwall is popular...
jose
jose Apr 7 '15
However in your web demo looks good but tells us to other people how to make it in the same way as in your web....
jose
jose Apr 8 '15

I know that something has to change here but what are the correct codes?

$user->username = "google_user_" . $user->id;

BOL_UserService::getInstance()->saveOrUpdate($user);

BOL_QuestionService::getInstance()->saveQuestionsData(array('realname' => $params['name']), $user->id);

BOL_AvatarService::getInstance()->setUserAvatar ($user->id, $params['picture']);

Surely in this line of code is an error - says "dublicate" and "duplicate"

case BOL_UserService::CREATE_USER_DUPLICATE_EMAIL:             OW::getFeedback()->error($language->text('glconnect', 'join_dublicate_email_msg'));

jose
jose Apr 14 '15
Sorry for my ignorance tired of seeing it and I did not realize what a simple solution have to go to settings - user settings and configuration screen and there you can choose between real name or username...
Kev
Kev Apr 16 '15
Jose, are you sure that's correct? I've got my site set to "Real Name" yet it still creates "google_user_x" as the username.
jose
jose Apr 16 '15
I just checked and everything is correct...
Kev
Kev Apr 17 '15
So you've got you user settings set to "Real Name" and is someone signs up using their Google account, their username is firstname.surname, or something similar?
jose
jose Apr 17 '15
As I said before I have changed real name and all google_user have been transformed into real name   
Kev
Kev Apr 17 '15
It's not clear what you have the user settings set to. Have you changed it to Username?
jose
jose Apr 17 '15
Hello
Attachments:
  Sin título20150417130512.png (19Kb)
Kev
Kev Apr 17 '15
Hmmm that's the same as mine, but I still get the generic "google_user_x"
Dmitry Surin
Dmitry Surin Apr 21 '15
Oops, sorry.

I didn't know that my plug-in enjoys popularity therefore here long ago I didn't look. I will make changes in the following updating.

Dmitry Surin
Dmitry Surin Apr 21 '15
By the way Facebook connect (fconnect) works by the same principle and gives user_665 logins. I proceeded from same.
Kev
Kev Apr 21 '15
Dmitry, maybe it does, but on my site I have it set up to be "real name" and the facebook connect plugin works, but your Google ones doesn't. 

If a new user registers with the facebook connect plugin, their username will be something like john.smith. However, if that user logged in using your Google plugin, their username would be something like google_user_5.

If you could fix the issue, that would be awesome.

Dmitry Surin
Dmitry Surin Apr 21 '15
I will try something to think up
Kev
Kev Apr 21 '15
Thanks. :-)
Spark
Spark Apr 27 '15
Is there anyway to set it to a default username then? Then the users can manually change it.
Kali
Kali May 5 '15
Hi guys, you can change the behavior by going to glconnect/controllers and change the file connect.php to the one in attachment. Basically I set the username to the google username, and then perform some checks (add an id if the username exist already, replace accents and weird characters). It works for me but let me know if you have any issue :)
Attachments:
  connect.php (8Kb)
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic