We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestion - Photo Carousel | Forum

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 4 '15
Add the chosen category above the carousel so users will know what photos are being displayed. Same suggestion I made for the user carousel
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 25 '15
Found out from the developer that the category can be shown as a title via the widget settings.
tammy harris
tammy harris May 9 '15
how??
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 10 '15
On the main page you can click on "Customize Page" then click on the widget settings (the gear icon at the top of the widget), and choose the "Show Title" option. See the attachment. Unless you have customization setting active in the user profile page; you will have to go to the admin panel and edit the widget in the user profile page. Also have an attachment showing this. Groups can be done by going tot he "Groups" plugin, and adding the widget to your group page, and editing the widget setting from there as well. By checking the "show title" it will display the selected category above the carousel in the title bar.
Attachments:
  show title profile.jpg (74Kb)
  show title.jpg (51Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 10 '15
Some of that is for the photo carousel plugin. It and the user carousel are the same as far as getting the category to show. I have them active on the main page, group page, and the profile page.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B May 10 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris May 10 '15
cool thanks

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 10 '15
You are very welcome.
tammy harris
tammy harris May 10 '15
but mine do not show any categories only the titles 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 10 '15
If you choose the photo category of say "Most Recent" from the widget setting, that's what the title will show, if you have the "show title" box checked in the widget settings. The widget on the main page offers to select different categories within the widget settings, but the profile page doesn't. Just noticed that. I did change the title on the photo carousel widget on the profile to "My Photos". User Carousel is the same way. You have different categories to choose from on the main page widget, but the group widget only shows a title that can be changed to what you need.
tammy harris
tammy harris May 10 '15
ahhhh i get you now no i was think it show a category in the widget so user can choose 
ie
latest
top rated   etc

would be so cool to have 
You do not have permission to reply this topic