We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No choice for identity | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Lech Sakhar
Lech Sakhar Apr 6 '15
hello,

Is it possible to not have the choice in search. If you are a man you are looking for women and if you are a woman you are looking for men ?

So it is posiible to not even display that in the profile.

Or if it not possible to not display it, once the user say he/she is looking for he/she is automatically registered in the right field (woman if she looks for men, man if he looks for women) 

Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 9 '15
Jabid Dakta, as you know the Oxwall is the social networking software platform. The modifications you are talking about are more related to the dating sites. But for social networking sites unlimited search options are more preferable.
 In your case I guess it would be interesting for you to take a look at the Skadate X software.
Lech Sakhar
Lech Sakhar Apr 9 '15
OK, ok. Since I have two powered oxwall sites (one is oxwall, the other is skadate X) I thought I could get the answer in a much more prolific forum...:(

So you mean I cannot set up a dating site with Oxwall ??

The Forum post is edited by Lech Sakhar Apr 9 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 10 '15
Jabid Dakta, Oxwall is unbelievably flexible social networking software platform and you may use it in any way you need, including as a dating site. And it is acceptable that it may require some custom code modifications and plugin development. So I advised you the Skadate X software because if you focused on the dating sites then the Skadate X may fit all your needs with its special aimed plugins.

Or if you would like to modify the Oxwall platform you can post your issues  in the Custom code modification forum or to find a developer who can help you with the plugin development.
dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15

Jabid,   Under admin users profile questions you can uncheck the 'looking for' item to not show it on the profile questions. 

Hope this helps..