We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

while uploading new plugin and new theme this error apperas | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
sagar
sagar Apr 12 '15
Security Alert

The file you are uploading was rejected by the server.
It probably contents viruses or trojans that can damage your website

Do not attempt to upload it again as your IP address may be blocked

dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
Hi,  have you contacted the theme and plugin developer about this?
sagar
sagar Apr 12 '15
no how to contact them
dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
Actually contact your host, it is a host issue. I googled the message and it is a host issue. 
sagar
sagar Apr 12 '15
Are you sure
dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
That seems to be the going solution, dont try to upload it again, just let your host know and they can fix the issue.   If you google the message it seems alot of people on wordpress also had this issue and the solution was to contact their host.  

If you want to read some of the messages from others just google 

The file you are uploading was rejected by the server.

and look at the results.   

dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
As long as your sure about the files and you got them from a reputable developer and you have scanned them yourself, i dont see why they would not be safe.  So yes im sure if the files are safe then it is a host issue. 
sagar
sagar Apr 12 '15
After contacting the hoster he is saying that there is no issue of. Histing it may be issue of admin
sagar
sagar Apr 12 '15
Pls help me tiassa please asist me
dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
It probably has to do with the mod_security at the host level.  And it prob is blocking your zip file extension.  

You dont have to use the zip file, you can unpack the theme and plugin on  your local pc and then use filezilla to upload it via ftp. 

however if you want to wait for tiassa then thats fine :)

sagar
sagar Apr 12 '15
Dave please assist me properly how to solve this problem
dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15

Ok do you have access to cPanel?

also when we are done with this test, do you want me to walk you through how to upload the theme and template manually?

Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Apr 13 '15
If your host for some reason is not allowing you to upload files from admin panel, you can always upload them directly via FTP or cPanel as suggested by Dave.

1. Download theme's .zip files again
2. Open ow_themes directory via FTP or File Manager.
3. Upload your .zip file there .
4. Unpack the archive.
5. Go to Admin Panel >> Appearance >> Choose theme.
Your new theme should appear there.

If it won't, go to ow_includes/config.php file and enable DEV mode>> Refresh the "Choose theme" page again. This time the theme should be there. Disable DEV mode.

Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Apr 13 '15
But the bottom line is that your server is restricting your from uploading files. It is better to resolve this in any case.

P.S. try uploading any theme developed by Oxwall Software, just to check whether this happens with all kind of files or particular theme only.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Apr 13 '15
sagar
sagar Apr 13 '15
Will you please tell what would be the major problems with my hosting
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 13 '15
mahendra, as Dave already said this error may occur due to the mod_security function on your server. Or the reason could be in the blocked extensions on your server. Or may be the hosting provider should add your domain name in their white list.
Did  you try all the tips given in this topic? If so, it would be better to post the results of your actions, so we could assist you more effectively.
dave Leader
dave Apr 13 '15
Thanks Taissa,  

what i was going to do with her to prove it to her is to have her go into cpanel and upload a zip file and when it blocked it then she would see that it was a host issue not a oxwall issue. 

sagar
sagar Apr 14 '15
Thanks dave if any other problem exisit we will contact you again