We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Surpass combo/drop down box limit of 30 | Forum

Omari
Omari Apr 13 '15
hi, in oxwall profile questions you can create a dropdown box with 30 entries for users to select. I want to add more anyway i can make this unlimited or a larger number?
dave Leader
dave Apr 13 '15
Would it not be easier to just create as many boxes as you need 2x30 = 60 sort of thing.  Dont make them required and let them choose the selection from the box they want. 

does that help ?

Omari
Omari Apr 13 '15
thanks dave but this field is for a list that needs to be searchable later and more entries will need to be added and updated as necessary
dave Leader
dave Apr 13 '15
well that certainly puts a broken gear on my "out of the box" thinking -  sorry for the pun lol

I have to do some research here, i remember something awhile back and im not 100% but what i think happened is that the actual table limits the number as well as the code.  But dont quote me on that, its just what strikes me at the moment.    From what i remember it turned out to be that it was not possible.   But as i said ill have to confirm that so give me some time to get back to you.   

Thanks 

dave Leader
dave Apr 13 '15
a brain like a steel trap i swear... maybe ill catch a mouse with my trap lol 

here is the topic i was referring to...  www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/379

hope that helps 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 13 '15
Omari
Omari Apr 14 '15
thanks dave very helpful. it looks like oxwall has never offered asolution for this. no idea why.