We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

.Plugin Attachments dont make problems in 1.7.3 no more, Problem is solved | Forum

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 14 '15

Is there something wrong with the new "News Feed" in 1.7.3? For standard menu at the top Oxwall locks! And some other things behave strangely! As my "Mega menu pro" as I do not get up in the "Main" and "Dashboard"! Map pro disappears completely with News Feed enabled! But when I disable News Feed, then becomes allt good again!

So then I wonder if it is the new News Feed as it is the fault of?

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Apr 15 '15
Silvio
Silvio Apr 14 '15
check php version.. must be 5.3+

if you have linux hosting with php -v you'll see the current version in use
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 14 '15
I have that PHP 5.4.39 here
The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Apr 14 '15
Silvio
Silvio Apr 14 '15
check if your theme is upgraded and compatible with new version. Just an additional check could be to see if your newsfeed works with default theme. If it is, then is just a theme problem and you must contact the theme developer.  i'd a similar problem when upgrading to 1.7.1 with an old theme.

otherwise we must wait for a support suggestion ;)
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 14 '15

Upgraded theme! No such request here! I switched over to The Origin theme, same problem!

Have Oxwall forgotten and upgrade their themes to 7.3?

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 14 '15
I found the problem.

Problems vas: Attachments 

When I disabled this plugin, when everything was as it should. Okay for others to know who has this plugin installed. Shall inform the developer of Attachments issue.

Silvio
Silvio Apr 14 '15
great! thank you for the info.. i think it would be useful for us ...
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 15 '15
Plugin Attachments dont make problems in 1.7.3 no more, developer has solved the problem.
Per William
Per William May 19 '17
Hi

I have a problem with newsfeed. When I link to a website, there is no picture in the box below. When I press "send" an error message appears on the screen with "ERROR". See attached photo.What is wrong?