We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Upgrade from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3 says ok but version didn't changed | Forum

Silvio
Silvio Apr 14 '15
I've 2 website with oxwall both on 1.7.2

i've checked platform update, said yes to platform update request..gave the correct ftp parameters (the same i use to upgrade plugins)

appears a blank page with

Update Request
Your Version is up to date
Go to index page or admin panel

in admin panel still shows my version is 1.7.2 and the notification of new platform version is still avaible.

any ideas on how to check what is wrong?

my PHP Version => 5.4.16

The Forum post is edited by Silvio Apr 14 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '15
Go to your phpmyadmin to ow_base_config table and check soft_version. What is it?

If it is still 1.7.2 the update has not been successfully completed, you need to restore your backup and run the update again. 

Follow the instructions from here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/24134

Silvio
Silvio Apr 15 '15
i've disabled all plugins, i've enabled debug mode and i saw there were some problems in /themes permissions. gave 0755 and changed owner to apache then the error disappeared..

i've done update again... no log messages on screen.. everything seems ok but version on dashbord still gives 1.7.2 build 8520

also checked in ow_log and there's no error

The Forum post is edited by Silvio Apr 15 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 15 '15
Silvio Go to your phpmyadmin to ow_base_config table and check soft_version. What is it?
Silvio
Silvio Apr 15 '15
i've done a query with sql ... it says base soft version 1.7.2 then NULL :)

ross Team
ross Apr 15 '15
Can you PM me your Cpanel access details and admin access details from the website? I'll take a look at the issue
Silvio
Silvio Apr 15 '15
sent
ross Team
ross Apr 15 '15
I don't know how you did it, but I did everything according to the instructions how to update the software  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/24134 and everything is ok. 
ross Team
ross Apr 15 '15
Please check
Silvio
Silvio Apr 15 '15
ok the site now is ok but i've tried on the second one and i've the same problem

these are my steps according to the official guide

i've deactivated all plugins (to be sure, not only third party)
maintenance mode on
enabled debug mode
doing platform update

Are you sure you want to update from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3? i miss the "maybe" button but YES is ok :)

10 seconds of waiting then appear:

Update Request
Your Version is up to date
Go to index page or admin panel

if i go to admin panel i see at the bottom of the page "Platform version 1.7.2 (build 8520) and still the baloon with platform update avaible.

i've tried the same steps disabling all plugins (not only third party) but nothing changes.

I've missed something?

ross Team
ross Apr 15 '15
Silvio, try the manual update https://docs.oxwall.org/install:update then. 
Silvio
Silvio Apr 15 '15
the manual update went ok.... the reasons why autoupdate did not worked remain a mistery ^^