We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fatal Error "Mailbox" Update | Forum

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
I wen't inside my ow_plugins folder removed the old mailbox plugin and uploaded the new version, went to the site, refreshed, and here I have my fatal error, if the error is still happening you will be able to see via, www.cprworldwidemedia.net also the error that is happening is. Attached in a file.

Kind Regards,

Bobby Brown

The Forum post is edited by Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
Attachments:
  fatalerror.txt (0Kb)
dave Leader
dave Apr 14 '15
bobby please edit your post and remove the quotes around the message, post the message into notepad and then copy and paste into the forum, it is trying to embed the message into the forum post, i think removing the quotes front and back will fix it.  So that it displays inside your forum post rather than outside of it..  You also dont need the images just the message itself Thanks 
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
I've attached the error in a text document instead as I removed the quotes and it still wouldn't display properly.
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
Also,

I just removed the folder "mailbox" from the ow_plugin folder and now it's like my AMIN panel is froze up and stuck on this page.(See Attached Image) Also when I click the Update Plugin DB it says Page Not Found and go's to my regular layout.
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
Lol now I'm stuck at the admin page after removing the messages plugin from ow_plugin and if I click dashboard no matter the link at the top it redirects me back to update the DB plugin but when I click the update db plugin says sorry page not found, And still the same thing when returned to the admin page.
dave Leader
dave Apr 14 '15
I hope you made a backup before you updated, did you?
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
Hello Dave,

My whole server is backed up every night! What should I do?

Kind Regards,

Bobby Brown
dave Leader
dave Apr 14 '15
First i know you panic'd and you prob made the situation worse by jumping when you should have crawed ya know.  

So what i would do is put the message folder back in the plugins and try to reverse that issue, at least you'll have your admin back.  then we can go from there. 

Short of that because we have no idea what you did in your panic state then you might be forced to do a total restore and start over. And ask for help before you start ok... :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 14 '15
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
Hello Dave,

I was able to successfully get back the old mailbox plugin file and put back into the ow_plugin folder although it seems that my screen is still stuck in the admin panel for platform update and to update plugin DB button and won't move from that spot.

Kind Regards,

Bobby Brown
dave Leader
dave Apr 14 '15
Go into cPanel and set your dev mode in the config file  to true and then press CTRL F5 on that page and see if it frees it up for you 
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
Cpanel, As in my hosting cpanel, or as in the admin oxwall panel to enable dev mode? Is there a way to manually enable dev mode from the config file itself?
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
The file inside the ow_includes>config.php file?
dave Leader
dave Apr 14 '15
yes sir you can edit that and change it to true... here is how i do it  its easier for me

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);

// define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true);

define('OW_DEV_MODE', false); 

// define('OW_DEV_MODE', true);

i have 1 set of each, with a comment out on the other one, one is set to true and the other one to false.  so when i want to turn one the other way i just change where the // is and put it on the other one. 
I do this because its sooooo easy to make a typo, forget a quote or something so just changing // between them is easier and better i think.

So yes that is how you do it. 

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
Hello Dave,

Here is what my config file contains ATM.

{
    /**
    * Make changes in this block if you want to enable DEV mode and DEBUG mode
    */

define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);
}

I should make changes such as this correct?

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
Ok well if that is how it is done I'm attaching my document my config file so you can have a look as my changes seem not too be making not much of a difference as I have CTRL  + f5 and things seem to still be stuck and look the same.
dave Leader
dave Apr 14 '15
yes you might want to space them a bit apart to give you some room.  

define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);

now just take the // from in front of the the one  DEV MODE and put it on the other one.  And then save the file..   So the one that sais false should have the // on it.  That will turn on dev mode because that makes the true one live. 

dave Leader
dave Apr 14 '15
yeah its not working because you still have the true value commented out with //

which everone has the // on it, is not live so not working... 

you want to true for dev mode to be live.   no //

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Apr 14 '15
So like this, (See Attached Image)
dave Leader
dave Apr 14 '15
exactly now save that and ctrl f5 on that page and see if it breaks loose

dave Leader
dave Apr 14 '15
just dont forget to move the // back to true one after we are done here ok.  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »