We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestions - Followers | Forum

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 15 '15
Feel free to post suggestions here
Arie
Arie Apr 16 '15
what about a snippet with users that I follow?
So you have snippet for followers (people who follow me) and who I follow.
Maybe handy so people can view the list of people I follow and think... hey that person i want to follow too.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 16 '15

Hello,

Users can follow other users and groups. So it is not so simple. I will think about how to show users along with groups in one list. I will try to implement this feature in future updates.
Hybrid
Hybrid Apr 21 '15
Idea:

Could you make it where if a user follows a user, that user is literally subscribed to all activity of that user?

I think this "follow" feature that is built into this software is under-rated and almost meaningless right now...

If I have people "following" me, they should be aware of any new thing I post - whether it is a NEW forum topic, blog, a continuation of a forum topic, blog comments, photo comments, video comments, etc....All of which, If that user is following me, should receive notifications of what I have done in their notifications area AND in the newsfeed.

Right now, this "follow" feature lacks this.

Sure its great that you have it where we can finally see who is following me, or who I am following, but whats the point of this if it really doesn't do much in terms of actually following me and/or I following someone.  Right now, it just merely posts that activity of a person I am following in my newsfeed...It should do much more than that!

Umair
Umair Apr 25 '15
Great plugin. Gave you a review. I want to have a follow button in front of every user so that other users can follow each other easily. Currently, they have to visit the profile to follow. Is it possible?
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 25 '15
Hello Umair,

Hint plugin has Follow button. So your users will be able to start following others from any user list.

Umair
Umair Apr 25 '15
oh. I did not know. Let me try
ben
ben May 7 '15
follower and following pls
Umair
Umair May 8 '15
ben +1
Onur
Onur Jun 7 '15
top 10 followers wiget it will be fine for index page? 

i pay for it.

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 7 '15
onur elveda,

Do you mean 10 most followed users?

You do not have permission to reply this topic