We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

no option to change font color? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dan smith
Dan smith Apr 15 '15
iam new to oxwall, been using mybb and zetaboards all my life. iam a member of a forum that is using oxwall so that is why i joined on here. i see there is no option to change font color..why?
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Apr 16 '15
Dan, Oxwall does allow changing font color.
Question is more of "Where this can be done?".

Usually you can select general font color used within site's body in Admin Panel >> Appearance >> Edit Theme >> Theme Settings. Whether this option is available there or not depends on the theme . Some themes have it and some don't.

If it doesn't you can assign font color using CSS. Please check : https://docs.oxwall.org//overview:custom_design . Within that section you will notice the font color CSS along with the font family:

Site wide font family

Available styles:

body, html {

font-family: "Tahoma","Lucida Grande", "Verdana";

color: #333; /** OW_Control type:color, section:2. Colors, key:textColor, label: - Text **/

font-size: 13px;

line-height: 18px;

height: 100%;

min-width: 1000px;}

Keep on mind that Oxwall is not one huge piece of code. It is build of smaller components. Which makes the software incredible flexible. And you can assign certain font color to certain component separately. Depending on where you wish to change the font color, you might want to edit either language keys, or other custom CSS.

Please specify areas where you wish to change the color so that me and other community members can give some directions.

At this moment your question is way too general and there could be a hundreds of possible answers especially if you are referring to whether users themselves can select font color when they add blog post or something else. Please provide more information.

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Apr 16 '15